Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest/Tris = Tris INCREDIBLY fatigued ...

gettinlarger

Alright, so I did chest and tris together tonight for the first time. Got the idea from louden swain, in a post a few days ago, regarding my split. I changed it up a bit, and goes as is ...

mon - delts/bis
tues - legs
wed - off
thurs - chest/tris
fri - back

Anyway, so after an intense chest workout (5x5 bench, 2x8 incline db press and incline flys), I decided to hit tris, with close-grip press, skullcrushers, and dips. I tell you, my triceps were so fatigued after chest ... Will this inhibit my performance? Like, will I not grow and/or get stronger? For example, normally, I do 5x5 with 205 for close grip. Tonight, I was having trouble putting up 185. I dropped the weight all the way down to 135. Skullcrusers werent too bad. The weight I use dropped only 10 pounds. Then doing dips, I usually attach 70-80 lbs and easily do a couple sets of 8 or 10. I was having trouble with 45 lbs. I knew this was going to be happening, just not to this extent.

Is this going to hurt my growth?

As long as you can keep adding weight from wherever you are when you start this routine, you'll probably make some gains, and when you go back to hitting tris on their own, they'll probably end up stronger than before.
For myself, this pre-exhausting style of training never worked for me, but some guys swear by it

It looks like you had a great workout!! As far as your triceps were concerned you worked them hard and they will strengthen and grow. The good news is that you have plenty of time to rest, which will allow your triceps to grow. When you train back the next day, you will not involve any pushing muscles whatsoever.

Don't worry, you will not lose strength or size. I don't see how this is possible. You are certainly training the muscle hard and you will get enough rest. Plus, you are using basic compound movements.

I know you. . . you are a good eater so you will grow.

Of course, your normal poundages will decrease after performing heavy bench presses. This happens to me as well, but if I perform triceps when they are fresh they are much stronger.

Last edited:
louden_swain said:

I know you. . . you are a good eater so you will grow.

Ha. I've been eating like crap lately. It pisses me off. Although I did gain back the weight I lost when I was sick the past week.

I tryed that last week but my triceps were too tired and i didn't like it. I had to drop the weight i did on triceps alone too much.
Curiously i like doing biceps after back, they got really sored for almost 3 days after. Strange.

I did chest / tris together for a long time, and my tricep size hasn't suffered just the opposite. MY 2 pennies

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I alternate my chest and tri lifts during that day. For example, this is my current chest/tri day routine:

Flat BB bench - (PL style)
4 board press
Incline DB press
weighted dips
CG press

In that order. I put the lifts I am focusing on the most earliest in my routine, and follow up with additional lifts.

My flat BB bench and 4 board press go up every week to every other week. The other lifts increase much slower than that, but still increase.

Joker

Much of the problemis that people fixate too much on how much weight they are working with. If you go from a tri only day to doing them after chest on the same day, you won't be able to use as much weight. Chest will fatigue your tris. BUT, this doesn't mean you're not getting a goot tri workout. The goal is to push the muscles to failuer...regardless of weight. Personally, I love the chest/tri & back/bi splits...but I'm not concerned with the actualy weight...as long as it keeps going up. For me this is about how I look...I've said it before...I know how big my dick is and feel no need to compare it with everyone else :D If I'm makeing progress and getting bigger...I'm happy.

JoBu

jobu is right. When I do tris after chest I can barely use 185 for close-grip and 80lbs for seated french press. But when I do arms on there own my lifts are almost incredible, close-gripo is around 245+ and french press is about 110+. Just remember that it is about progress and not about poundages. IUt is about shock value and fatigue.....

Top Bottom