Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chest triceps better together or apart>

liquid_sharp

is it better to work chest and triceps on the same day because working one is slightly working the other or is it better to do them on separate days because working the chest will tire out the triceps a little and make the workout less intense????? just wondering, thanks

strongsmartsexy said:
I work them out on different days since I'm of the mind that I can't give the tri's a proper amount of attention after they've been hammered from chest.

thats what i thought, thanks dude

strongsmartsexy said:
I work them out on different days since I'm of the mind that I can't give the tri's a proper amount of attention after they've been hammered from chest.

agreed, separate days

you'll see results either way if you work hard - I just feel like separate days allows for better tricep pumps. After my chest they are tired.

i used to do them together...now i couldnt see myself doing it. i do tris/back and bis with chest. i feel it works out a lot better. fuck, i even tried switching things up and doing tris with my shoulders to give back its own day but even then i felt like everything lagged.

It's all up to you. There really is no right or wrong way. As long as you don't work the biceps before back and the triceps before chest, then you can work them together or apart, and it won't make much of a difference. The only thing it would help is recovery. If you train things like chest/shoulder/tris together, you can hit them again sooner. But if you don't enjoy that kind of split, then it won't do you much good, because you won't give it 100%.

So if you enjoy doing them on different days, then go with that. Happy lifting :)

Agreed that it's all up to you.

You hit your tris when you train chest and shoulders. If you have a separate tri day (or work tris with back) and a separate chest and shoulder day, you are essentially hitting your tris three times a week. I work chest/tris and have no problem, though I used to work shoulders/tris and also had a separate arm day. They all work fine, but basically depends on how fast your tris can recover.

Do not do full lockouts when doing chest movements, and hit your tri's the same day. This will enable you to keep constant stress on the chest without putting the tri's to work, and be able to train Tri's on the same day.

I work everything twice a week, so I cannot do tri's on a different day. They would not be recovered by the time chest came around again, or vise versa. I do not use lockouts on my pressing, and have had great results in both areas....

Welcome to the boards brother!! I like to give arms their own day, with triceps being the first muscle I train. Since its my weaker of the two. That way I get a fresh workout and can tear up both muscle groups real well. Like C3 said, aslong as you dont hit triceps before chest and biceps before back, then it should work out well either way. I feel giving arms thier own day allows me to really focus on them though.
I have to make sure I do triceps atleast 2 days before any chest work, and biceps 2 days before any back work. Though now Im hitting biceps again on back day and before I even finish my back routine, (inbetween sets of back), and then again on a seperate day as well with triceps. Just not before back work, more like during. Hope that helps!!

Top Bottom