Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest-Tri/Back-Bi VS. Chest-Bi/Back-Tri?

Rockaho

I have been told to do chest-tri and back-bi and not the other way around. Why is this? When I do Chest and Tris on the same day my Tris' are spent before i get to them and the same goes for bis' on back day.

For purposes of time, back/bis, chest/tris are the only times I would ever combine these bodyparts. When doing pushing or pulling movements together the smaller bodypart will suffer. You simply CAN NOT use the same poundages on bis for example after back than if you worked them alone. To get the most out of your arm workouts I suggest doing PUSH/PULL movements. If you have the time the ideal method is doing bis/tris together. My theory is that if your bis and tris get fatigued from indirect movements as is the case when you do Back/bis, Chest/tris you will be limited as to the direct stimulation you can provide to the muscle. Its simple, when you do arms alone you can always lift heavier and hit the area more directly, this is a perfect enviornment for growth and will in my opinion yield the greatest results.

That's the point. Doing presses for chest utilizes the tri and rows for back hits bis. As a result, you already have begun work on these body parts by the time you are done. Think about how you feel 5 or 6 sets into your tri workout. You can't lift as much as you did when you started right? You're muscles are beginning to fatigue. That's OK because you've already begun your tri workout with your chest. won't need as many excersises to work your tris.

Also, think about your schedule. You're tris will get work on chest day along with chest and bis. When you hit your back and tri day, your bis (used during back) won't be fully recouperated and your tris will be in the same condition. With back/bis and chest/tris you could do these routines 2 days in a row if necessary and not be working a sore (or broken down) body part.

When I do back, my bis are never that fatigued that I could not do them directly the next day, same goes for chest and tris. If my bis for example are so sore that I could not do them directly the next day I would question the form used during my back workout.

Your muscles don't have to be sore (or too fatigued to work out the next day) to be rebuilding. Sometimes it's impossible to tell that it's too soon. What I've found out over the years (by trying different programs) that I get the best muscle growth per "X" amount of time when I allow enough time for rebuilding. I know people that aren't too fatigued to work chest everyother day, or bis everyday, but that doesn't mean that they're maximizing their gains.

I like the chest/tris and back/bis combos because for chest (or back) there are more compound excersizes. I like to try to keep one major bodypart in each workout because there are more of these compound movements for them. When you do these, it stimulates your body to release testosterone. :D Your body will not do this (in these amounts) from doing isolation movements. You will also release more if the compound movement recruits more muscle fibers (ex. squats make you grow everywhere).

Finally,:eek: I prefer not doing back and chest and/or bis and tris because the bodypart you do second will suffer. Atleast when you are doing chest and tris, your tris are still getting some work when you're fresh. For a chest and back day, which excersize should you do first? The best move would be to alternate from week to week. However, for the most part, people will do chest first everytime and their back will suffer (in the long run).

It isn't necessary to do back/bis or chest/tris together but that works best for most people in terms of time, efficiency, and functionality.

Doing push/pull movements together has its merits too. I love doing bis/tris and quads/hams together. The pump is unbelievable.

Just do whatever gives you the best results and listen to what your body tells you. Everyone is different.

BTW, I'm at work right now and don't have access to his book, but didn't Dorian Yates adhere to a back/tri, chest/bi routine?

Top Bottom