Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest/Shoulders, Chest/shoulders/tri's, Chest/tri's??? Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
I think not being able to train right now and anticipating being able to is driving me nuts.....But why the fuck do I OCD about my split so much??!!!!

Back/bi's .....thats cake, Legs....cake. Just keep the deads or rack pulls on back day 48 hrs removed from leg day and i'm fine.

Splitting up chest, shoulders, and tri's has always been an OCD battle for me.

I would have no problem going with Chest/tri....then shoulders on its own day. When I start training again I will do exactly that. Because I will also be natural for at least 6 mos again.
But this is about being enhanced....

I used to go with a "press day" .
Flat BP
Low incline BP
Military Smith (seated)
Standing clean and press (from the waist...whatever they are really called)
Close grip BP
Press Downs

Pretty much covers everything. The standing military with or without the clean from the waist was a major shoulder builder for me. I never needed anything else. I couldnt do dips because of tendonitis (which is being fixed currently)
Problem is It was wasting gear to me. I would do this day, then off, then a "pulling" day then off then legs then rest the weekend. Needed the rest between if i went intense enough but I just feel that 3 days a week is a waste of AAS no?

I was feeling more like

Day 1:
**Chest, Flat BB or DB
Low incline smith BB
Cables to finish off pecs
(adding dips as soon as possible!! )

**Shoulders, Standing BB press (nothing better to me. love this movement with or without the clean part)
Side lateral machine (to finish off the delts)

**Tri's , Obviously various press downs will be here. When I can do dips they BLAST my Tri's better than anything else. Otherwise I go with Close grip BP. But my question is should I hammer the tri's before shoulders? Dips are a great transition from chest into tri's...and do I really want to go back on my hammered pecs with dips once they have gotten a rest during shoulders?

The big issue I have while AAS is involved...I dont want to give shoulders its own day because that puts every body part worked every 5th day if i do
*chest/tri
*back/bi
*shoulders
*legs
*off
repeat
(^^^^this will be my natty split)

I want to take advantage when AAS is involved and go no more than every 4 days, wouldnt you guys agree?
I do like the E5D split because tri's get used 48hrs later with shoulders, and legs get deads on back day and leg press or hacks on leg day (i dont squat anymore)
So on the note of every 4th day wouldnt this look better?
*legs
*chest/tri/front and side delt
*back/bi/rear delt
*off
Repeat
???

But my question is should I hammer the tri's before shoulders? Dips are a great transition from chest into tri's...and do I really want to go back on my hammered pecs with dips once they have gotten a rest during shoulders?

cant answer the stuff about gear but as far as this goes I would do:

chest work
military
dips
laterals
tri extension/press down

the last two I would consider "fluff" exercises but if your on AAS with good recovery then you will probably benefit from them.

i would do it in this order because dips hit shoulders hard aswell as chest and tri's.

Instead of going chest/tri, back/bi you could go with chest/bi back/tri. That'll add another day of arm work to your routine as chest back and shoulders already hit your bi's and tri's pretty hard.

Instead of going chest/tri, back/bi you could go with chest/bi back/tri. That'll add another day of arm work to your routine as chest back and shoulders already hit your bi's and tri's pretty hard.

You know....while AAS is involved thats not a real bad idea.

I had been thinking of trying FST 7 when AAS is involved again. But I have to do more research on the split ect ect..

I hate doing chest/tris back/bis my arms are always exhausted by the time I get to them I do chest/back then isolate bis/tris/delts the next day all done super or triple setted gives insane pumps without interfering with eachother

I hate doing chest/tris back/bis my arms are always exhausted by the time I get to them I do chest/back then isolate bis/tris/delts the next day all done super or triple setted gives insane pumps without interfering with eachother

The only thing about that though is the split order. If i were to do chest/bi on day 1 then I would need to do legs on day 2 so my bi's recoup enough to handle back work on day 3. then I take day 4 off and repeat so my tri's would get the same rest my bi's do. Thats all fine but if day 2 is legs (leg press/hack squat), then day 3 is going to suck ass because deadlift or low rack pulls will be on this day. So I would be killing my legs.

So It would look something like this:

Day 1 Chest/Bi/Shoulders (standing BB press, side raises to finish off delts
Day 2 legs
Day 3 back(including deads)/Bi's
Day 4 off

^^ i dunno. I dont like deads in there the day after legs. Doing them on leg day sucks too cause it'll blast my back the day before.

My schedule is so that i could do a 2 part split if need be but legs and back in the same day would be absolute murder.

Last edited:
I do chest/back/abs... bis/tris/delts/traps... quads/hams/calves it's almost perfect you can hit each muscle group twice a week that way

Another split idea i was messing around with on paper was a full week split. This would be only with AAS involved. Higher reps lighter weights, lots of volume. With the exception of dead/clean day. (light meaning just light enough to stay in the 12 rep range)

Monday - Chest/shoulders

Tuesday - Back (including a few sets of rack pulls)

Wednesday - Legs

Thursday - Bi/tri

Friday - Off

Saturday - Deadlift and clean and press. (deads no more than 315 probably. have small ab tear to work around. if the weight gets light i'll up the sets and reps)

With this split its about VOLUME!! 4-5 movements for chest with 3-5 working sets each. same volume for back day. Total focus on just one body part. Then Bi/tri get hit on chest/back days and again on their own day. Lots of supersetting and drop sets here.
Then another rest day. Then Saturday would basically be the entire body again. With deads and clean and press(from floor). Everything is covered. Without the saturday in there I wouldnt do this split. Too long in between parts.
Chest/shoulders would include military and standing BB press for shoulders and probably side laterals to finish off the side delts.

Top Bottom