Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chest exercise thats easy on shoulders

just about all of them.....try dips and decline presses, or pre exhaust with pec dec for two sets then do some Inclines. Good Luck!

Originally posted by HeavyDutyGuy:
just about all of them.....try dips and decline presses, or pre exhaust with pec dec for two sets then do some Inclines. Good Luck!

HDG pretty much covered the bases. I like cable crossovers too. Not much stress on the shoulder joint with them either plus you get a great maximal contraction.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Originally posted by HeavyDutyGuy:
just about all of them.....try dips and decline presses,

what?

dips or decline? can you think of a more stressful exercise to prescribe? depending on form, it places the upper arm BEHIND the shoulder and forces all the stress on the anterior deltoid, not to mention the contortion you have to get to move your shoulder on the majority of the decline benches. the angle on most are waay to extreme of a decline. it looks like alot of people are doing reverse upright rows...are those good for the shoulder? granted noone presses from their upper chest (i hope at least) but it still looks like a shoulder impingement to me.

alot of misinformation being spread.

how about switching up to dbells for a while. lighten up and concentrate on form, the better form you have the better stimulus to your pecs.

I agree with that.

Even when performing weighted dips last in my chest routine, I still feel the strain on my shoulders. Since you are placing yourself in a biomechanically inefficient position.

Are you coming back from an injury is that why you cannot perform the bench. Or are your shoulders naturally weak. In any case I recommend some form of rotator cuff exercises. Even if its just one exercise per week, will help to make the shoulders structurally stronger.

Top Bottom