Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cheating with lifts okay?

PortaLot

wanted to hear some feedback from you guys on this and if that is correct or if the guy is off base? I was listening to a youtube video and the guy was saying it was okay to cheat on your lifts as long as you are working the muscle still. i asked my personal trainer and he even says its okay to cheat on the last rep or two.

at the end of the day the objective of weight training is to break down the muscle. cheating on a rep will still accomplish that BUT cheating on reps can come at a cost where it opens your chances of injury. sometimes that is okay when you are powerlifting or trying to get a PR. just don't make a habit of it

If you are putting yourself at a greater risk of injury then I would not do it. If they are "controlled cheat reps" then possibly they could be ok.

Yep cheating the last rep or two to squeeze out more can have benefits. Its getting maximum overload on the muscle.

Now putting on more weight than you can lift and cheating the whole exercise is a different story.

if it’s the last few reps and u can’t possibly do it with perfect form from fatigue, sure. if ur cheating from rep 1 because the weight is too heavy, NO.

Top Bottom