Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Changing your program every Week?

Kid Dynamite

Just thought I'd throw this idea out at you. What would be the positives and negatives of cycling between maybe 3 different routines every 3 weeks? Say maybe for week one you're using a lower rep power routine, week two a more hypertrophy tailored routine, then week three a muscular endurance week with mid to high reps. Then repeat starting with week one. Not sure if I'd do it, I'd just like to get some opinions and discuss it.
-Dynamite

I prefer to keep it simple and cycle heavy with light training every 6 weeks or so.

I guess it depends on your training goals, but if you're trying to get big, train that way, if your trying to stay fit, train that way. It seems like your trying to cover all bases wthout any specific aims using that type of routine.

What I like to do is every week add a diiferent exercise in and drop one so for example if this week for chest I did Bench, Incline bench, and Dumbell Press next week I would do Decline Bench,Dumbell press and and Bench.Thats just an example so you know where I'm comming from....

I usually switch up my lifts, ie bench for incline, etc, but I always stick with a set rep scheme for 6 to 10 weeks until I stop getting results. My thinking on this is that I wouldn't adapt as quickly, but a problem I thought of is what if I had adaption to all 3 periods? Then I'd have a problem, as usually I switch between a 5x5 and a 10x10 set routine.

im not shure what the difference would be, i think the main thing to look at is frequency and volume. you change these two up and thats where u notice difference

If I remember right, some powerlifting routines are split kind of like this, but bi-weekly. I wonder how a switch every other week would affect strength and hyperthrophy.

Top Bottom