Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Changing Routine, confirm my readings.

JGuthrie

First, greetings all, this is my first week here and my first post as well. I have been searching the boards for a couple of days now and have found some very good threads on serious physical conditioning. I wanted to post a simplified version of my workout/routine for the intent of posing the question, "what do you feel my routine is doing to my body and what part is counter productive".

My current situation after about 6 months of routine:
27years old
Male
13%body fat (according to Tanita scale) / Down from 18%
6foot
167-170lbs / Down from 200lbs
Standing Heartrate 55 / Down from low 70s
I believe my maxheart bpm to be ~190
So far, I look alot better but I really want to cut. (cliche' stomach)
Problem 1) I am the pickiest food person I have ever met.
Problem 2) I want to eat as normally as possible.
Problem 3) I don't do mornings.

Original Workout for the past 6months
Monday (between 7pm / 9pm)
Treadmill (60 minute / 5.5mph / ~170bpm / 700calories / 200fat calories)
Weight-lifting (30 Minutes, way to many muscle groups and lots of reps)

Tuesday (between 7pm / 9pm)

Wednesday (between 7pm / 9pm)

Thursday (9:30pm)

Friday (9:30pm)

Saturday (8pm)
Sunday
No workout

So now I'm here reading this board and finding:
I am supposed to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach (mornings, bleh)
I have no good reason to do reps
I probably shouldn't do cardio right after lifting.
I need to eat certain things (ie protein) to refuel, but not until certain times at which I don't quite yet understand.

Anyway, enough with the "top of my head things I have learned". I would like to know from your experience, what is my best bet to CUT and tone up and hopefully drop another 3%bf. I will cardio whatever it takes but I would like an answer in layman terms since I am new to the terminology here.

Recently, I changed the following about my routine (bout 3 weeks ago)

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday weight lifting days, I switched to 30 minutes of strictly one group/specific muscle. Monday is bicepts, Wednesday is abdominal, and Friday is Chest. I read that fat is burned via slower cardio so I slowed my 60 minutes of treadmil from 5.5mph to 4.2mph which is a 550calorie / 170fat calorie / 145bpm walk and often I do it at ~5% incline. I have seen little change but I do see minimal muscle increases which I'm betting is from a change in routine, not an increase in conditioning a single muscle.

One last thing, since I am very picky, I do eat out about 5 times a week but I rarely take in more than 2000 calories since I started this routine. My bicepts are round almost like small tennisballs now and my stomach is quite a bit smaller now, I just need to know what I am wasting my time on and what would be a good swap out.

Thank you for reading to this point and thank you in advance for all your criticism / suggestions and anything else you throw out there.

Jason
PS to any moderators, I seem to be having trouble accessing my platinum member settings so bare with me while I figure out the details.

Last edited:
Top Bottom