Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chain suspended GM's

Mike_Rojas

I'm going to try these for the first time tomorrow. I see some mention 36" and others 40". I assume that is the distance from the floor to the bar. What height should I setup chain? Thanks.

I'm 6'0".

My posts keep getting FUBAR.

I was saying we do 36 and 44 inch GM's...that's from the floor. Hannibal is 6'3" and can do the 36" ones just fine.

I hit about 430 pounds on the 44" ones, and around 260 x 3 on the 36" ones. Both have helped my deadlift and and squat, and I do them in my squat/dead stance.

Oh I see. On second thought maybe I'll start with 44"... 36 seems so low.

FUBAR: f***ed up beyond all repair... Very military spatts... LOL

Thanks for always being so helpful :)

Mike_Rojas said:
Oh I see. On second thought maybe I'll start with 44"... 36 seems so low.

FUBAR: f***ed up beyond all repair... Very military spatts... LOL

Thanks for always being so helpful :)

my first time w/chain suspended i did 40" and actually raised my regular gm pr, i'll try 36" next time i'm back on gm's

I just tried them from 36" for the first time this week. I had been doing them at 40" only. That 4 inches REALLY makes a difference.

I intend to alternate between 36" and 40" each time I do GM's.

Joker

Thanks everyone for the info. Looks like I can work them anywhere from 36 to 44 inches with wide or shoulder width stances. Now I just gotta wait for my power rack to be delivered today and I'm set. One sore back coming up. Woo hoo!

Top Bottom