Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chain suspended gm's

T

The Shadow

from 36" off ground.

Can someone explain to me how to physically get uner there to get in position??

I'm 6'2" and it doesn't seem to work very well....

good questions I'd like to know that as well as why even suspend if you have a rack? I mean I could just take it off the JHooks right?

bump for corn.

I have been doing mine from the racks.....I understand the concept but the 36" depth is primarily my question

Hannibal has a little trouble getting under there too.

I'm 6', so it's not as bad. I'll swing the bar forward a little bit, get the bar on my neck and just kind of shift backwards so that the bar's over my legs. Once the bar's set, it's a little easier to get lower and in the proper position, at least for me.

so do you squat it up for position and then go down with it and then back up or is it a negative....

or

do you get into postion and do the lift immediately form the bottom?

I sort of squat the bar up a little to get into position, then drop back down for the full range of motion.

I don't think I raise the bar more than a couple of inches initially to get into position.

I've also seen Hannibal get down as low as he can, grab onto the front 2 posts of the power rack, and get into position that way. Once he's set under the bar, he lets go of the posts.

I really wish I'd remembered to film these yesterday.

For chain suspended good mornings, you set youself up under the bar, then lift it from the bottom position.This is similar to doing a bottom-position good morning from the pins inside a power rack, but with the bar suspended from free moving chains, it is much easier to get the bar into the correct position on your back.When performing a good morning off the pins in a rack, your set up position must be exact or you will sacrifice alot of energy fighting to get the bar off the pins.It feels very awkward if you are not in the correct position.
In regards to the 36 inches, I think that is in reference to the lifters height.From what I understand, most lifters set the height of the bar about even with their navels.For some this could be 36inches or 39inches,etc.

TheProject said:
I've also seen Hannibal get down as low as he can, grab onto the front 2 posts of the power rack, and get into position that way. Once he's set under the bar, he lets go of the posts.

Corn, there is NO EASY WAY to get under the bar. And once you are under it the only thing you will be thinking is, get me out from under this thing. However, holding onto the power rack for balance until you get set works pretty well for me.

Top Bottom