Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

casualbb...look at my "cutting HST plan.."

MrRTTB

In march I'm starting my cutting phase. I beleeve it's very important when cutting to have the energy to do a perfect, or almost perfect session and not turn up at the gym tired as hell. The HST program looks like it would give me the rest I would need for muscle growts and the time to do cardio. Please look at this and tell me what you think

Goals:

by a starting at a little higher amnount of calories I would like to sheed off fat and at the same time recover faster than if I did lower cals. I will start off at bw x 17 per day for 2 weeks, then go down to bw x 16 and stay there. I hate lowering the cals and rather bump cardio. My results are soo much better even though it takes a bit longer, but it's worth it.

I will not be on gear.

Mon week 1

Squats 1 x 15
SLDL 1 x 15
Incline DB press 1 x 15
Flyes 1 x 15
Military press behind the neck 1 x 15
something for side shoulders 1 x 15
BB rows 1 x 15
chins 1 x 15
DB curls 1 x 15
pulldowns narrow grip 1 x 15

Wedn
Squats 1 x 10
SLDL 1 x 10
Incline DB press 1 x 10
Military press behind the neck 1 x 10
something for side shoulders 1 x 10
BB rows 1 x 10
chins 1 x 10
DB curls 1 x 10
pulldowns narrow grip 1 x 10

fri

Squats 1 x 5
SLDL 1 x 5
Incline DB press 1 x 5
flat bench 1 x 5
Military press behind the neck 1 x 5
something for side shoulders 1 x 5
BB rows 1 x 5
chins 1 x 5
DB curls 1 x 5
pulldowns narrow grip 1 x 5

mon week 2

legpress 1 x 15
deadlifts 1 x 15
flat DB press 1 x 15
decline DB press 1 x 15
Military press in front 1 x 15
sides of shoulders 1 x 15
DB rows 1 x 15
Chins 1 x 15
BB curls 1 x 15
Reverse grip pushdowns 1 x 15
V-handle pressdowns 1 x 15

wed

legpress 1 x 10
deadlift 1 x 10
flat DB press 1 x 10
flyes 1 x 10
Military press in front 1 x 10
sides of shoulders 1 x 10
DB rows 1 x 10
Chins 1 x 10
BB curls 1 x 10
Reverse grip pushdowns 1 x 10
DIPS 1 x 10

fri

legpress 1 x 5
deadlift 1 x 5
flat DB press 1 x 5
flyes 1 x 5
Military press in front 1 x 5
sides of shoulders 1 x 5
DB rows 1 x 5
Chins 1 x 5
BB curls 1 x 5
Reverse grip pushdowns 1 x 5
DIPS 1 x 5

CARDIO

First 2 weeks 3 sessions(sunday off) . only 60minutes on an emty stomach on the OFF training days(tue, thu, sat)

weeks 3 + 4 3 sessions 40min each + 15 minutes HIIT x 3 before bed(with shake taken right after + tuna - caseinprotein) (ECA 3 x times per day)

Weeks 5 + 6 same as the week before but with Clen

Weeks 7 + 8, 4 sessions per week 60min each + 15min HIIT(3 times per week)

week 9 + 10, 4 sessions per week, 70 min per time + 15min hiit x 3

week 11 + 12, 2 sessions these weeks, 70 min per time + 20min Hiit x 3

That is my first 12 weeks and as you see I will tapper up.

Dietplan

start with 350g carbs, low fat, high proetin
week 3+4, 250g carbs, medium fat, high protein
week 5 + 6, 250g carbs, medium fat, high protein
and so on..

You might think the carbs are high but I've been cutting before and this works the best for me + it gives me the energy I need to fulfill my sessions + cardio. I will lower the carbs and up on the fat with time.

any thoughts?

Also ALA, green Tee, creatine + glutamine, vitanmines, zink, avena sativa

Are you sure that's enough cardio to offset the calories? BW x 16 is a lot. Even if you're a moderate 200 lbs, that's still 3200.

But... even if it's enough to create a deficit... unless you're already quite lean that seems like overkill on the cardio. So what's your weight and approx. BF %?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you may have modified the rep scheme a bit.

What makes HST so effective is that the load increases consistently over the course of many weeks. It's not so much the difference between the starting and ending weights that makes it work, it's that the gap is stretched out to milk as much growth as possible from each weight. So I believe that if you go from light to heavy so quickly you'll miss out on a lot of growth potential.

Did I misread that?

I'm only looking for a 200-300cals deficit so I know that will be enough. BW x 16 is enough and even enough to loose fat slowly and gain muscle slowly.

Well post whatever you think would be "better" for the goals I have. Up for stadge in 1½ years, will start this plan in march or so and keep on to nov so I have some time..By march I will probably be at 220lb, 10%bf

I think just do regular HST. You can keep the diet and cardio program you've described. My advise is to just monitor your weight and fat loss to see that it's working the way you want it to.

I guess it's just that I can't understand why someone would want to do so much cardio... but I freely admit that I'm lazy, so go for it.

You might think the carbs are high but I've been cutting before and this works the best for me + it gives me the energy I need to fulfill my sessions + cardio. I will lower the carbs and up on the fat with time.

Good call... you'll need those carbs to fuel all the cardio.

Top Bottom