Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CasualB Tom T..HST revision

halfaclue

Banned
Current routine that i just finished in order and the 1 or 2 equals sets.
squats 2
SLDL 2
Pull -ups 2
Bent over row 1
Inc DB 2
flat bench 1
calf 1
weighted dips 2
push downs 1
hammer shoulder press 2
rear delt raise 1
Straight bar curl 2
DB hammer cross 1
shrugs 2 22 sets

Here is my thoughts for the next go around
squats 2
sldl 2
leg ext 2
Lat pulls 2
seated row 1
inc db 2
flat bench 2
calf 2
Scull crishers 2
rope push down 1
Icarian shoulder press 2
rear delt raise 1
preacher curl 2
Alt db curl 1
db shrugs 2 26 sets

I had to add leg ext because my interior quad is not keeping up with the exterior from squats. Dips were killing my wrists because I'm 270lbs and doing weighted dips so that had to go. I didn't feel the pull ups at 5 reps were doing much so I figured I try lat pulls. My inner back wasn't developing so I switched bent over rows with a close grip seated row. My shoulders made the least improvement so i am going to move them in the order and also switch machines. Comments concerns?

I'm not one of the aforementioned guys, but I'll throw my $0.02 in....

Seems like a lot of volume... I'm not sure about doubling up on chest/back exercises... but if you did a cycle already without any problems, then I don't see any reason why not to do it again. Bryan (from www.hypertrophy-specific.com) recommends one exercise per body part and I usually try to stick to that.

Why do you do tris before shoulders? My routine is usually:

legs > chest > back > shoulders > biceps > triceps

Defiitely sounds like to much volume, but it might be what you need.
This is what I am currently doing just for your comparison:

squats
calve raises
DL's
Inc barb bench
dips
crossover
seated cable rows
pulldowns
skulls
w bar curls (doing 21's when on 15 reps 2 weeks just for this exercise)
lateral raises
side raises

Thats 12 exercises instead of the 15 you are doing. DL's are enough so you don't need to be doing shrugs, and laterl and side raises also works the traps...
I getr you with the leg raises so maybe dump the shrugs and one other exercise...
however if you get through your routine in around an hour and are feeling good, you may just stay with it and all will be fine.

Carl I just did the excerces in that order the first day because that was open equipment at the time and then i just stuck with it. I am using AAS so the volume has not been an issue and I felt I could add even more to what i was doing.

Allon...yeah I am trying to tweak this cycle based off the last one and where my weaknesses have come out. I usually take around 70 minutes to do the fist cycle so this one is adding 4 sets so it will probbaly be an hour and 15 minutes. I have to do shrugs because my traps are not that big and I'm hoping to compete in June

I'm waiting until this weekend to tally up the stats because I was using DNP and the muscles are flat from the glycogen depletion.

I'm going to do 4 weeks of 10's and 4 weeks of 8's...should I do repeat days like
150 150 155 155 160 160 165 165 or if possible make the increments smaller but progressive like 150 152 1/2 155 155 1/2 160????

If you're only doing 8-weekers now you can probably go ahead and raise the weights every time. The reason I told you to do repeating weights was to extend out the cycle, so if you're not doing that you might as well get the full progressive load.

for instance, I'm not on roids right now but for many of my exercises I did 3-4 weeks of tens because I kept getting stronger on stuff and raising my 10RM.

casualbb said:
If you're only doing 8-weekers now you can probably go ahead and raise the weights every time. The reason I told you to do repeating weights was to extend out the cycle, so if you're not doing that you might as well get the full progressive load.

for instance, I'm not on roids right now but for many of my exercises I did 3-4 weeks of tens because I kept getting stronger on stuff and raising my 10RM.

I want to keep the cycles at 8 weeks so i can keep changing weights when i need to but not force myself into an injury. This is the third year I've tried to compete and the last two were screwed by injuries not realted to lifting so that is the last thing i want. Plus if i did a 16 week cycle I think i would get sick of the same excercises over and over and lastly changing it up allows me to change focus on my week spots as progress through. The thing that sucks is I need to start doing cardio to get the BF down so I'm not killing myself come Febuary

Top Bottom