Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carrying A Weighted Vest?

skaman607

In his book, "Rock Iron Steel", Steve Justa reccommends wearing a weighted vest for long periods of time throughout the day. He said that he made great strength gains from it, I was wondering how I might go about setting that up, and what anyone else thinks of it.

Thanks.

What specific benefits did he gain from it? I'm imagining something along the lines of improved core stabilisers and the like?

He said that he was overall stronger, and in a basketball tournament he was in after carying the vest, he was "inflicting his will on everyone on the court"

It's called hyper gravity loading, if you wear a vest that is 10% of your bodyweight, the body begins to adapt thinking that gravity has been turned up 10%, after a month or so, take if off and you'll be jumping higher and running faster etc.

wouldn't have it for training however

It's a smart idea...it's passive too. Heh my friend was telling me how her mother is a homemaker but she had ankle/wrist weights and apparently that increased her musclature and strength passively. Your body always adapts to new resistance its subjected too...although it won't be as effective as a vest...I'd like to try that out...actually my backpack is at least 20 lbs on any given day.

they sell em at sports authority up here in ak. i think it goes up to 40 pounds. i tried to doin a pushup in one, ohhh man was that rough.

Top Bottom