Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio/weights or weights/cardio ?

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
Let's say you plan to go twice a day to the gym
Once for a high intensity cardio
once for lifting (heavy) weights

once in the morning
once in the afternoon/evening

would you do cardio first then weights or weights then cardio ?

Depends on your goals and time constraints without a doubt....I have much more time early am during tax season, so I lift first thing....then I get about a hour break in the afternoon, so I go back and do light cardio + shower and go back to work....not enough time for me to train.........

off-season, I do cardio on an empty tank........lift after work.........

well if youre making two trips... id probably do the cardio in the morning... and then lift later... especially if your cuttting

if youre bulking.... maybe the other way around... so you have more time to feed your catabolising muscles...

if youre just making one trip... id say lift... then run...

PF

I don't have time to make it to the gym twice a day, so I'll lift and then do cardio. Although, I find it quite exhausting since I'm quite spent after lifting.

I tried both possibilities and if I do high intensity cardio in the morning I feel pretty good for a good weight session

Whereas if I lift heavy in the morning my evening cardio is somewhat shitty

morning - cardio (better fat burning)
afternoon/evening - weights (your core temp reaches a max at this time so you should be strongest/less prone to injury).

Shak said:
I don't have time to make it to the gym twice a day, so I'll lift and then do cardio. Although, I find it quite exhausting since I'm quite spent after lifting.

The same here.

Top Bottom