Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio vs Weight Training

SexyAss

Lately I have heard that it is much better to weight train than do tons of cardio. I have eliminated the cardio and have directed all energy to training and have great gains, however that little bit of extra fat around the middle just won't go away. Should I mix it up a bit e.g. continue with the training but add a couple days of cardio as well. I trained with a PT for some time and he indicated that Cardio wasn't necessary. Cardio for me used to be a 5km run inthe mornings, which made me feel incredible.

Any help would be great thanks.

SexyAss said:
Lately I have heard that it is much better to weight train than do tons of cardio. I have eliminated the cardio and have directed all energy to training and have great gains, however that little bit of extra fat around the middle just won't go away. Should I mix it up a bit e.g. continue with the training but add a couple days of cardio as well. I trained with a PT for some time and he indicated that Cardio wasn't necessary. Cardio for me used to be a 5km run inthe mornings, which made me feel incredible.

It's really very dependent on how you respond to training---especially in the "fine-tuning" areas you mention.

IMO, without knowing a lot about how you train, I would mix it up. There's no question that you will reap huge benifits from doing both cardio and resistance training.

At the same time, overtatining can stop your gains dead in their tracks. If you are going bananas with your training, your body will go into a self-protective mode, and try and store everything it can.

Hardest part about fitness for some people is figuring out that fine line.

Besides, if the 5km run makes you feel good, hell girl, just do it :)

Make sure your diet is fairly clean too. If you find out how many calories you need per day to maintain your bodyweight, aim for eating less calories than your requirement.

If you add in a few cardio sessions per week along with weight training, you should notice a difference.

Good luck!

They are right, you gotta mix it up and try new things to see what works best for you. If you not losing fat try something new, and you will learn a lot of things along the way.

SexyAss said:

It sounds like you're at the stage where your diet really comes into the equation. Like the others say, vary your training as that will keep you motivated but maybe get some help on fine tuning your diet

Cardio is necessary for the most important muscle in your body = your heart. But a 5K run is hardly required to maintain cardiovascular health. 20 min at clip, 3 x's per week is more than enough. Running is extremely catabolic and hard on your joints. Walk on a treadmill with raised incline. Dont hold on. If you have to hold on then you need to lower the incline.

The body adjusts very quickly that is why it is important to cycle caloric intake as well as your cardio vascular activity.

Always try to clean your diet up first before adding more cardio.

sexy. Add some jump roping every other day for 10 minutes. On the opposite days do win sprints for 15 minutes. That will give you the HIIT training your missing. You will still be able to gain muscle with this

Top Bottom