x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Cardio question/help required!!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Cardio question/help required!! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Am I right in my thinking that to lose fat you have to do cardio in spurts of 65% of my heart rate, then slow it down, then speed it up? I guess my mistake a few years ago was I did cardio for 30 mins at full pelt after my workouts, I didn't lose b/f - just muscle and my face went all gaunt. Also looking for a device to wear on my wrist that shows I am indeed running at 65% as those bands that the gym supply do my head in.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amateur Bodybuilder John McLane's Avatar

Question Cardio question/help required!!

Am I right in my thinking that to lose fat you have to do cardio in spurts of 65% of my heart rate, then slow it down, then speed it up? I guess my mistake a few years ago was I did cardio for 30 mins at full pelt after my workouts, I didn't lose b/f - just muscle and my face went all gaunt. Also looking for a device to wear on my wrist that shows I am indeed running at 65% as those bands that the gym supply do my head in.

Re: Cardio question/help required!!

HIIT, 1 minute full sprint, 30 second light jog/walk, simple, no stupid fucking device, do it for 15-20 minutes or longer depending on how in shape you are

that shits gay too (cardio), instead, do hill sprints, push/pull a weight sled, jump rope, conditioning circuits(medballs, tire flips,sledgehammer) lift heavy and eat clean as fuck

Quote Quote posted by jiggagold View Post
    HIIT, 1 minute full sprint, 30 second light jog/walk, simple, no stupid fucking device, do it for 15-20 minutes or longer depending on how in shape you are

that shits gay too (cardio) ?????
    , instead, do hill sprints, push/pull a weight sled, jump rope, conditioning circuits(medballs, tire flips,sledgehammer) lift heavy and eat clean as fuck
    What about the treadmill or stepper?

hiit is fine, stair stepper i actually like at times, treadmill is cool too, run on a slight incline

i was just saying in general cardio sucks and most people do it and dont understand what theyre doing to their bodies (shortens/tightens hip flexors) and they could be doing something more productive in the weight room when it comes to conditioning.

Guru

No you dont HAVE to do it like that. Thats just another method. When I was dieting I just didnt even do much cardio at first then when I implemented more cardio I kept it steady state and it worked fine.

Quote Quote posted by ExtraMile View Post
    No you dont HAVE to do it like that. Thats just another method. When I was dieting I just didnt even do much cardio at first then when I implemented more cardio I kept it steady state and it worked fine.
    So shall I do HIT for 20 mins after my workouts (ie 5 times a week)

Guru

You can do either. I choose low intensity steady state because I was eating low carbs, and because high intensity cardio gave me joint pains when I was heavy and fat.

You can do either. I choose low intensity steady state because I was eating low carbs, and because high intensity cardio gave me joint pains when I was heavy and fat.
    Ok, about 4 years ago I went through a phase of doing 25 mins of cardio at full pelt (and I mean full pelt), all I did was loose muscle and go all gaunt in the face, I didn't look any better at all, my 6 pack wasn't any better, I guess I was pushing it too hard and not getting quite enough protein.

Guru

Cardio isnt the main thing man. Diet is where its at. You can loose weight if your dieting hard but doing no cardio. Its much harder to loose weight if your eating like shit but doing cardio.

Cardio isnt the main thing man. Diet is where its at. You can loose weight if your dieting hard but doing no cardio. Its much harder to loose weight if your eating like shit but doing cardio.
    Yeah but why do you think when I did my cardio I didn't look any better and just lost muscle?