Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio question

I never do cardio.

Well, I never go to gym and do cardio unless squats is considered cardio. And the occasional punching bag work.

I walk a lot and ride a bike. Play handball. That's it. Too much cardio is a waste, eats muscle and saps energy.

lol I do way to much cardio :( oh well it pays the bills :)

if weight loss is your main goal for cardio find something you like to do. if you want to cut cardio out or not do much then learn to have a really really good diet and train with great intensity and you will not need as much

I never do cardio.

Well, I never go to gym and do cardio unless squats is considered cardio. And the occasional punching bag work.

I walk a lot and ride a bike. Play handball. That's it. Too much cardio is a waste, eats muscle and saps energy.

Nelson, would you mind expanding on this a little bit? I highly respect your opinion and find it hard to understand that you achieved the physique that I have seen you have in pics by not doing cardio. Ie:low BF% and ripped to shreds such as in your AV?

not speaking for nelso but i bet his diet is 100% and that his training is very intense. so he has only good cals coming in and at lower amounts than what he is burning.

i skimmed these since i have to go soon, but i'll check them out more in depth later... What do you do/recommend for cardio? a mix of everything?

also, one thing i noticed in there is that they said runners can have muscle imbalances. However, for most people on here who lift in addition to doing cardio, that would probably negate most of the muscle imbalances caused by running too much, right? For example, I find it hard to believe that running would cause me to have a weak lower back, especially since i deadlift and do weighted hypers.

i skimmed these since i have to go soon, but i'll check them out more in depth later... What do you do/recommend for cardio? a mix of everything?

also, one thing i noticed in there is that they said runners can have muscle imbalances. However, for most people on here who lift in addition to doing cardio, that would probably negate most of the muscle imbalances caused by running too much, right? For example, I find it hard to believe that running would cause me to have a weak lower back, especially since i deadlift and do weighted hypers.

I think that strength training is an excellent way to cross train. I just meant that if running is your sole form of exercise then you may have problems.

I always road the bike at the gym for cardio for yeeears. I'd do 30 to 40 min and push myself pretty hard. Then i started dating a girl that wanted to do a 5k together which she only gave me 5 wks notice. I considered myself in pretty good shape cardiovascularly, better than her, and a low bf but i hadn't run since track in HS 10yrs before. She'd been running 2 to 3 miles a few times a week but wasn't a major competitor by any means. I busted my butt getting ready for this damn thing and I about died trying to keep up with her when she was taking it easy at the race. Had some evil shinsplints for weeks after that.

Top Bottom