Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio in the morning/BFL

Disco Dave

I realise I'm not a regular on your board, but would appreciate your advice. (I say this 'cos I didn't get 1 answer to 2 previous questions I posed!)
I know some young punk has said he can't be arsed to get his lazy butt out of bed 40 minutes earlier (don't worry mate, I can relate to that!) but does doing cardio before you eat anything make that much difference? I know the theory behind it, but I'd like to know if anyone does it and if they've noticed a difference. My b/f is around 10% and ideally I'd like to get down to 7/8%, will doing early cardio help? Also do you do HIIT?? Just to make this message a bit longer, has anyone one here done the Body for Life challenge?? Does it work??

PLEASE REPLY, I NEED YOU GUYS!!

Lemme help ya out, bro.

Go over the the woman's board and read WarLobo's thread: when does 30 + 30 not = 60. It discusses cardio, all facets.

Personally, yes, I use cardio before breakfast with ECAY. Does it help moreso than doing it any other time of the day? Honestly, I don't know. It's one of those things. You don't know what results you would have gotten had you done things differently.

Cardio before breakfast definately burns less glycogen for fuel, I can tell you that. How do I know? Because of how I feel. If I run in the afternoon, I have no problem doing sprint intervals, which uses glycogen almost exclusively for fuel. In the morning before breakfast, I have to keep the intensity low or I'll burn out - waaay less energy and lactate buildup.

I prefer cardio after lifting. Glycogen stores will be low and you're already warmed up. 20-30 min after lifting is best. I wouldn't do more. You need to eat within an hour of the last set of lifting.

Hope I helped.

------------------
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise."

Agreed whole heartedly. Yes, go read the rant 30 + 30 not = 60. It's a classic read..
I have been doing 60 straight non stop Min of cardio on nothing but water 3 times a week. You can really feel the diference afterward. You are drained. You feel like those fat cells got a major Ass whoopin. Also, agreed that you should do the cardio After lifing, because if not, you will be so drained you won't be able to lift jack. The 45 min of weights first will further prepare you to have little in the body for fuel except for those Big juicy fat cells.

Good to see another Essex boy on the board! ........ i used to live in Romford, and living in Essex i think u need to do all the weights u can .. just 2 survive! Take it easy fella. Concerning HIT, i have tried it and did not find it very effective for myself, but it may suite you. What i would say is how long have u been lifting? I was lifing around a yr, then tried HIT, i still think i need more experience b4 i try it properly.

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

Would suggest reading into the SERIOUS GROWTH routine, from what i have heard people have had some very positive results from that. I should b starting this early next month.

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

The HIIT program does indeed work wonders...if you can handle it. 4 minutes may sound easy at first, but depending on what type of shape you are in, it can certainly kick your ass.

------------------
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

Cheers fella's I'll give it a whirl, I just hate doing cardio but if it gets rid of the remainder of my fat then I'll have to do it!
I WILL have a six pack yet!

Right, I've had a read of that article on the womens page and see they suggest 60 minutes cardio. Now I've always been led to believe that after 30 minutes, you start to burn muscle tissue? Is this not correct? Am I missing the point? Also, how long do you weight train for? I've always been told short and intense, like 45 minutes.
Sorry to be a pain! I'm sure you've discussed this sh*t before but like I say I'm a new boy here!

Top Bottom