Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio for endurance vs cardio for fat loss

JOKER47

Elite Mentor
If one is doing cardio for the primary reason of increasing cardiovascular endurance, does it make a difference when it is done? Either before, after, or a long time after weight training?

(As opposed to cardio for fat loss being done first thing in the morning or immediately after weight training.)

Thanks,
Joker

I do my cardio after lifting. My lifting is like a pre-exhaust for my event training/cardio. If you are training to improve your cardiovascular endurance (being in better shape) then I suggest doing it when it is the roughest conditions for you. That time, for me, is after lifting.

B True

I'd say the late afternoon-early evening. That is when the body is at its physical peak, so you will be able to push yourself harder, and go faster.

I think if you're wanting to do cardio for endurance, you'd want to do it on days you don't lift. I'd keep them separate.

if youre trying to gain cardio endurance, then you can do it in the evening.
if youre trying to do cardio for fat loss then i would do it in the morning before you eat breakfast, glycogen levels are at its lowest point in the morning and right after you lift, so morning time helps to get shredded.

Top Bottom