Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio on an empty stomach and cardio after workout??

Saiyanech725

Ok I've read that its better to do cardio on an empty stomach because you will burn more fat since your body has to use something for energy, but I have also read that doing cardio on an empty stomach will cause muscle catabolism and that its better to eat something right after you get up because insulin sensitivity is high. So which on is it???

Same thing goes with doing cardio after lifting. I've read that you should do your cardio after lifting for max fat burning, but I have also read that cardio exercises should be done approximately 8 to 12 hours before or after you weight train because cardio has negative impacts on muscle building after lifting.

Also, I've read that you can take some glutamine to preserve muscle in the morning if you are doing cardio on an empty stomach, but because blood sugar levels are low upon waking up, glutamine will just utilized to replenish blood glucose.

So which one is best?? :confused:
:confused:

Saiyanech725 said:
Ok I've read that its better to do cardio on an empty stomach because you will burn more fat since your body has to use something for energy, but I have also read that doing cardio on an empty stomach will cause muscle catabolism and that its better to eat something right after you get up because insulin sensitivity is high. So which on is it???

Same thing goes with doing cardio after lifting. I've read that you should do your cardio after lifting for max fat burning, but I have also read that cardio exercises should be done approximately 8 to 12 hours before or after you weight train because cardio has negative impacts on muscle building after lifting.

Also, I've read that you can take some glutamine to preserve muscle in the morning if you are doing cardio on an empty stomach, but because blood sugar levels are low upon waking up, glutamine will just utilized to replenish blood glucose.

So which one is best?? :confused:
:confused:

I'VE GOT YOUR ANSWER! What i do (and it works) is wake up and run on an empty stomach and then immediatly afterwards drink a myoplex and put in 5g of Glutamine. OR you can use 2 serving of some Whey protein. You don't need carbs after running. Just drink protein. You only need carbs post workout. Then you work out in the evening and don't run just make the work out HIGH intensity. And if you want take Xenadrine before the work out. But if your running in the morning and working out at night then don't take Xenadrine more than once a day. Because your body will be worn down. If you run in the morning and keep a STRICK diet and workout INTENSE in the evening then you won't lose much strength while trying to cut. If you run in ther morning and after your work outs then you'll lose to much strength. Rome wasn't build in a day so be patient. I'm not loseing any strength and I'm ripping up good! But Diet is 80% of cutting though! DIET DIET DIET! When you get your diet down right then stick with it for 2 wks and at the end of 2 wks have 1 day that'll be a cheat day that you eat more complex carbs. Cheat day doesn't mean pizza and chips. Other than your cheat day don't eat breads! Your carb/fat/protine ratio should be 30/10/60. So figure up all your daily meals and makes sure it runs along those lines. and eat 6 to 7x a day. If you need anymore help Just PM
:D

If

If you want to BURN fat then do your cardio training on an empty stomach or 3 hours after a meal

Works Like a bomb!

if you can't do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach then do it after your workout. your glycogen levels will be depeleted after a vigorous workout with weights.

but empty stomach is the best way IMO.

I have found that doing 20 minutes of low intesity cardio after a hard workout is the best way to maintain muscle while losing fat at record speed. Followed by a high carb (dextrose), high protein (whey)drink with extra creatine and glutamine.

Protein Catabolism and Empty Stomach:

Even though it is true that more fat will be oxidized exercising on an empty stomach, and therefore that fat has a little higher contribution (31-37% more calories burned from fat in the following study) used of the caloric expendeture than when eating a meal pre-exercise peroid as seen in: Energy metabolism during exercise at different time intervals following a meal. Int J Sports Med 9(3):240-3, 1988. But this comes at a price.

If your glycogen levels are low (which it is when you last have had your meal and after anaerobic training sessions) and you exercise on an empty stomach your muscles can and most probably will to some extent catabolize to add to caloric demands from exercise, this is seen in: Effect of initial muscle glycogen levels on protein catabolism during exercise. J Appl Physiol 48(4):624-9, 1980.

Additionally to those, I have experimented with this myself, and found it exhaustion to exercise like this, I felt: weak, fatigued, out of strength. Exercising on an empty stomach can also decrease endurance (if you even care about that, I don't) in Med Sci Sports Exerc 31(3):464, 1999: Cyclists working at 70% VO2 Max did two trials, in one trial they had a 400cal breakfeast 3 hours prior to exercise. In the second trial they only had a dinner the night before exercise, but no breakfeast. Exercising on an empty stomach they biked for only 109 minutes, but with breakfeast it was 136 minutes.

To think you can run the fat off, and then take supplements/meals after and not lose muscle mass is not true, becuase the muscles would have already been catabolized to energetic demands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom