Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio...don't want to lose weight

T

t3c

What kind of cardio can I do that will just get me in better cardioshape...but not lose weight

I don't know if I could possibly eat more than I already am...

Sprints will improve your cardio capacity and not cause alot of weightloss because it will be intense and short.

Go to a strongman competition web site. Flipping tractor tires, pulling busses, etc. Got to be strong to do it, but also have an excellent cardiovascular ability.

Jump rope. Refer to the Coach Davies Renegade Rope Training article at TMAG.COM for specifics.

I have been doing this for a few weeks now, have dropped bodyfat and gotten in very good shape cardiovascular-wise whilst gaining a couple of pounds of bodyweight.

I do 3 minutes of rope jumping (~90-120 turns per minute) and rest for 45 seconds (I don't do anything in between "rounds" of jumping like the above mentioned article suggests). I repeat this for 5-8 cycles. For the first two weeks I thought I would die about half-way through the workouts, but eventually it became easy and I NEVER EVER EVER get winded when lifting weights now, as I used to have to sit down between sets.

I do this workout 3-5 times per week usually on off days or a few hours after my weight workout.

Start off this regimen with 3 two minute rounds with one minute rest periods at first and add an additional 3 minute round per session until you reach six or so cycles per workout. That is my recommendation. Sprinting is also good. There is a lot of bullshit surrounding cardio and muscle loss. Personally, I have always been more muscular, stronger, and bigger when implementing cardiovascular exercise into my training regimine. However, I do believe it somewhat limits MAXIMAL (one-rep max) strength so I wouldn't advise powerlifters to incorporate this type of exercise into their training. But my repping power seems to increase very well, that is what I meant by cardio making one "stronger".

I am drunk as I type this, just to let all of you know.

"Beer...a temporary solution to a permanent problem." - Homer Simpson

gettinlarger said:
Just don't burn more calories than you eat ...

exactly....... any of these will help your heart, just make sure not to burn to many calories....... but i belive that you will find an increased appetite with the cardio.

X

I recommend cycling, cause there are some great cyclists where I live, who are still fat asses. I guess its all the beer and hotdogs they eat and drink, but with the number of miles they rack up you would think they would be bean poles. But it doesn't happen, they still keep the weight. It probably has something to do with your weight being supported by the bike.

I also do alot of cycling, and haven't noticed any loss in weight (I'm doing over 100 miles a week). My cardio is improving tremendously though. I can fly up hills at much great speeds without getting as winded. Just keep the cadence high, and don't coast and you'll see big improvements.

Top Bottom