Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which cardio is the best/most preferred?

Bucszilla

I usually run on the treadmill, but today I decided to try the eliptical trainer and I have to say it was a much better workout. I did it at high intensity for 30 minutes and I felt like puking at the end...that has never happened to me on the treadmill even when I did inclined high-intensity sprint intervals for 30 minutes. I think I am going to stick to the eliptical trainer for now and mix it up at times.

What do you guys like the best for cardio or what do you think is the most beneficial?

Yeah, feeling like you're going to puke is the only way to judge cardio effectiveness. If you actually do puke, it's a double bonus: you burn calories and reduce the calories you're getting from your food. :sick:

A serious answer: it doesn't really matter. Just pick something that allows you to do the type of cardio you want and doesn't cause any joint issues. Regarding the former, commercial cardio machines of any type should be sturdy enough for HIIT, whereas a rower or recumbent bike would be better if you want something at a reasonable price for a home gym that won't be all over the place if you try to do HIIT. As for the latter, it would rule out the treadmill for some (but apparently not for you since you didn't mention any joint problems on it).

I realize that you cannot judge cardio effectiveness simply based on nausea...I stated that because it really gave me a workout more than the treadmill. I don't have any problems with my joints from running hard yet but that is what I want to avoid.

Do you guys get a good cardio from an eliptical, or is there something else you prefer?

swimming is the best cardio. i personally like rowing or the bike though. also, go on hikes on the weekends, nothing beats running up a mountain.

sandbag shouldering

Or take 80-85% of your best [insert big compound lift, preferably an olympic lift] and perform one rep every 60 seconds for 20 minutes. Then switch to another lift and do the same thing for 20 more minutes.

sounds a bit different but lately basketball has been my favorite way to do cardio. a few friends and i just met some random guys at the court and we play every other day for about 2 hours now nonstop. running back and forth trying to shoot some j's in the nice weather is mad fun.

Top Bottom