Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio before or After workout?

I Always do a Quick 15 min cardio to warm up before lifting.

If It's a Heavy cardio day ( 45-60 Min / 3 times a week) I always do it AFTER lifting.

If you are only doing 20 Min of cardio, before wouldn't be bad I suppose.

What are your goals? How intense is the cardio? If you're just trying to trim down, do the cardio after.

I see no problem doing some "warm-up" cardio before lifting but if you plan on pushing it, I would save it until after. Otherwise, your lifting could suffer because you've used up too much energy and can't lift to your potential. As a result, you may improve your cardio but won't make any significant muscular gains because you don't have the energy to really "work" your muscles.

If you are trying to lose bodyfat, do cardio first thing in the morning on empty stomach.

If you can't do that, do cardio after you weight train so as not to deplet glycogen stores before the anaerobic activity.

If you do any cardio before training, 5 minutes or so of low-impact, light cardio (i.e. stationary bike) is plenty to get the blood flowing and the joints warm.

Top Bottom