Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio before or after weights?

creep

My current priorities are cutting fat and icreasing mass on my legs. I think my diet is in order and I'm training as soon as I wake up. I always hit the gym on an empty stomach (water and ECA stack only). What technics have you guys found to be more effective? I've heard some people say that cardio after weights burns more fat. What do you guys think?

Personaly I've been seeing good results from doing cardio first thing in the morning and than weights afterwards. Besides seeing results I also like it this way because concidering it's the morning I'm usually still a little tired and the cardio will wake me up before I lift. I also eat a protein bar or shake after my cradio just so I have a little something in my stomach befor lifting.

after, its saves your glycogen stores for the weights. othewise you burn through blood sugar to get to where you burn bodyfat. its inefficient doing it first. unless you are doing a split. cardio empty stomach and weights in the evening. then its ok.

Well the thing that I have found most effective to cutting is doign cardio in the morning first thing. Nor food nothing, just go straight to the gym. Then later on you can do weights in the evening. I know its kinda a lot of time, but you get out what you put into it. Besdes, you can focus on just cardio and then just weights later. Sometimes after weights yure kinda tired and just want to go home.

In my experience, if I'm trying to add mass to my legs I would never get to the gym on an empty stomach... I always try to get there pumped up... but that's me.

Maybe you can try, if you're training in the morning, do carbs on empty stomach, and after cardio have a shake, then work your legs.

CArdio first thing in the morning works fine.

However, you don't want a completely empty stomach as it your bloodsugar would be too low and besides fat you would burn muscle also , read the following

http://www.cbass.com/Faq2.htm#Training

I should have read this much earlier as I always did the pre-breakfast cardio on a completely empty stomach. Sure I lost weight, but I felt my muscles were getting flat also...

http://www.cbass.com/FATBURN.HTM

First thing to do when you get up is to drink 250 ml water, wait 10 minutes, eat an apple and some BCAA proteine caps, chase them with another 250 ml water, wait 5 minutes, take your ECA stack , warmup for 10 minutes and when the ECA kicks in you do some HIIT on your bike or stairmaster (expensive though them stairmasters to have at home)

After that eat like a pig asap......

Ideally you have a medium sized meal 2.5 hours after that and got to the gym 1.5 hours later as the best time of the day to train seems to be between 12:00 and 16:00 hours for most people.

Can't pull this of on working days, but i like to do it this way on saturday and sunday.

Top Bottom