Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio before, or after training?

Pinchas Glass

If I were to do some cardio training, running to beprecise, is it best to do it before the actual workout, or after?Want to get the best stuff from both running and weight lifting, butnot sure with what to start everyday.

It's better to leave both the things in separate days

FYI
Running after workout is more effective than before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly it depends on your goals

when i was an endurance runner i would run first

when i weight trained i would do that first

simply cause i wanted to be fresh for what i was more focused on

but there really isn't a right or wrong answer to this. you could even do light cardio before, do weights, and do more heavy cardio after

i actually do cardio in the morning usually or when i come home from the gym, so for me it is kinda separated.. i rarely do cardio in the gym as treadmills are boring

Both approaches would be correct depending on your needs and goals. If you want to cut, and you are not really focused on mass gains, then the cardio before working out is better. If the mass is the priority for you, then after working out the cardio session will be better.

Personally, I do those on separate days - in any case I have to workout EOD, so I have those free days. This way I can give my all on both workouts, and cardio sessions. If you combine them, you will inevitable affect either the cardio session, or the weight lifting.

It is always best to do cardio after weight training.

When you do the weight workout first, you deplete your muscles of glycogen. That way when you do the cardio, your body has to use body fat for fuel.

That's the reason you always hear bodybuilders talk about post workout cardio.

Weight training is always priority #1 because that is what builds the metabolism and sculpts the physique. Do your weight workout and then do your cardio workout.

I always do cardio after training. I weight train 4-5 days per week and do cardio afterwards 3 days per week. I like to have my energy at peak levels before lifting.

Top Bottom