Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio... Before Or After Lifting?

season7445

ALright there are a lot of differnet opinions on wether or not is best to do cardio before or after weight training. So I would like to get some input on what is better and why you prefer it.

Karma to all!

Thanks for any help!

Season7445

If you have to do both cardio and lifting in the same session; AND assuming your trying to lose fat and/or build muscle, lift before cardio.

Two reasons: Lifting needs to be done with intensity to build muscle. If you burn up your glycogen stores doing cardio, you will not have to energy to lift effectively and you will not grow.

Also, if you lift first, that will deplete your glycogen stores so that you will burn fat during cardio. Studies have shown that you will burn more fat calories AND more total calories by doing resistance training first, then cardio.

If you have to do both cardio and lifting in the same session; AND assuming your trying to lose fat and/or build muscle, lift before cardio.

Two reasons: Lifting needs to be done with intensity to build muscle. If you burn up your glycogen stores doing cardio, you will not have to energy to lift effectively and you will not grow.

Also, if you lift first, that will deplete your glycogen stores so that you will burn fat during cardio. Studies have shown that you will burn more fat calories AND more total calories by doing resistance training first, then cardio.

Nice Info!!!!

season7445 said:
ALright there are a lot of differnet opinions on wether or not is best to do cardio before or after weight training. So I would like to get some input on what is better and why you prefer it.

Karma to all!

Thanks for any help!

Season7445

Cardio first. Lift second. Then go home and sleep. Well, after postworkout shake and meal. Then sleep.

Maxpain

reelbig004 said:
In the morning on an empty stomach. Split Cardio and Weight workouts. Do Weights in the evening. Might not be what you want to hear, but definitely the most effective and most ideal for retaining lbm while cutting.

I agree. Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach. Weights in the PM
If that is not possible weights first then cardio right after

I do cardio once a week on a 4 day split, and I do it at night. I saw results with just 2 weeks of doing cardio. A great diet maintains your losses too though.

It doesnt matter when you do cardio. The body does not burn fat any more efficiently in the AM as opposed to the PM. The only limiting factor is if your glucose levels are elevated. Then the body will prefer to burn that as opposed to fat. But like ny said above, if you do both cardio and lifting in the same session it's better to do the cardio last.

Doing cardio on an empty stomach is known as cardio in a fasted state. Fasted means when you havent eaten for 6 hours, i.e youve been asleep.(3am milkshake posse keep quiet on this!!!!!)

Your body will in this state tap straight into fat stores for energy, making your cardio much more effective.

Then get home and bang a big breakfast into you egg whites, porrage, wheetabix, bananas, protein shake whatever. (not a fry up though, that would kind of defeat the object! ;) )

Top Bottom