Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio after working out for burning fat?

LaviathanX

If I'm trying to lose fat, should I do about 20-30 mins of jogging after my workout, or should I work out and then immediately drink my Myoplex like I always do. I run in the morning sometimes too.

Personally, I like to run post workout when trying to shed fat as all of your muscle glycogen will most likely be burnt off by your workout at this point forcing your body to convert fat into fuel (as long as your doing low intesity)
I usually do 20-30 minutes as well....

I like the idea of doing cardio with no muscle glycogen [although i have no research basis for whether or not that is good], but i am afraid that if i dont refuel my muscles after my workout soon enough, then i will do damage or something. I dont know though...

-Fatty

Exactly fatty, that's what I'm thinking. I feel like all that working out went to waste if I don't refeed immediately.

you will burn fat but you will also probably burn muscle, particularly since your glycogen levels are already depleted post workout. IMO, weights and cardio should always be kept separate.

I usually Finish my Lifting, Slam some Whey protein and water (no Carbs) and then do some Cardio to burn fat and as a cool down.

What do yall think? Will this keep me burning fat and save my muscle?

I think if you are trying to cut, cardio post workout is the best time to do it. Glycogen stores are depleted as has been said, but not as depleted as in the morning after a ten-hour fast. So, IMO, muscle loss is kept to a minimum.

But yeah, you have to get that protein going asap.

Lavathian- I think we should tag team your hot ass virgin roomate and that fine ass blonde chick for some serious fat burning cardio my nuggahhhhh

i follow the AST theory....

which is:
You should keep cardio and lifting atleast 8 hours apart in one day

Top Bottom