Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio after weight lifting

^^ I agree with the above post.
Pop some aminos & hop on cardio HIIT style & twick ur diet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Im in late 40's as well. 30 minutes isnt a huge deal but the ops trudges along for 60 minutes a day to burn what 260 calories? Whats the purpose? Whats the goal? There is virtually no benefit from day in and day out steady state, slow trudge cardio beyond burning that 260 calories.

Your 15 minutes of HIIT is all you really need based on your above comments, that 15 minute steady state likely isnt doing anything for you but burning about 60 calories. YOU have a goal and are doing cardio to meet your goal, although I think you could cut out the steady state part.

Your equating your 15 minutes HIIT and 15 minutes high output to the ops slow steady state and its not even close to the same thing. What you are doing and what the op is doing isnt even comparable.

The op is complaining about the need to burn calories but then using a time consuming poor method to do so. He could burn a lot more calories in a fraction of the time AND at the same time improve VO2 max even without running.

My "attack" is not on your goal oriented approach its on your comment that steady state cardio is "very effective" because its not, not when I can burn 2-6 times more calories AND improve endurance in less than 15 minutes.

So what is it exactly I should do for 15mins to burn more cals and improve endurance? Remember, my L4 and L5 are really messed up. I can't do any jumping or running because of this injury. Just tell me what to do and ill do it.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using EliteFitness

Anaerobic training differs from that of a long walk. Certainly the walking will benefit your health. For that it is worthwhile. You will train the mitochondria to burn fat doing the long walk and the aerobic exercise will help remove the waste products in the muscles from the weights. Will it inhibit force production? Not likely given that you do the walking after the weights. I question if you need to go for such a long time. It is difficult to maximize strength while losing large amounts of fat. Some people would rather do shorter more intense sessions of anaerobic types of exercise like sprints in which case the recovery would be aerobic and fat burning. The real question is what feels right to you. Go by that rather than what you "should" do.

Anaerobic training differs from that of a long walk. Certainly the walking will benefit your health. For that it is worthwhile. You will train the mitochondria to burn fat doing the long walk and the aerobic exercise will help remove the waste products in the muscles from the weights. Will it inhibit force production? Not likely given that you do the walking after the weights. I question if you need to go for such a long time. It is difficult to maximize strength while losing large amounts of fat. Some people would rather do shorter more intense sessions of anaerobic types of exercise like sprints in which case the recovery would be aerobic and fat burning. The real question is what feels right to you. Go by that rather than what you "should" do.

Wish I could sprint. Hell! Wish I could run, but I can't. The impact onto my L4 and L5 would make me scream in pain.

Like I said, focus on what you can do. My wife's back is messed up in same area and has trouble even doing elliptical training(bulging discs). She wants to lose weight but her back locks up just walking around. Some things that may help: Stretching, situps core work(if possible), chiropractic(?), methylsulfonyl methane(msm supplement). The main thing is to not make injuries worse. One thing you certainly could do is karate type punching/blocking drills with a slight squat(60 degree squat?) this shouldnt aggravate the back and would give help in lessening frustration. What about swimming?

So what is it exactly I should do for 15mins to burn more cals and improve endurance? Remember, my L4 and L5 are really messed up. I can't do any jumping or running because of this injury. Just tell me what to do and ill do it.

I already said goto the crossfit site and look at their workouts and pick one that appears to be shorter duration with exercises you can do.

You can string a lot of body weight exercises/low weight barbell stuff that will get you breathing plenty heavy if you put a clock on it.

GREAT and VERY COMMON question!

I could give you a dissertation on this subject and your question, but I'm a LONG TIME returning member and I know how that used to be we'll just say "frowned-upon" back in the day from someone without enough cred built or gained back yet...

You've already been given some good advice, but if you would like to see it fully explained in GREAT DETAIL, read the book Pace and you will more than answer you're question...

Top Bottom