Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio after lifting

Mariopower

my body fat % is 30 right now, and I would like to get it down to 14-15% , I have been lifting 3 days a week and before lifting I don intervals on the stationary bike for 30 minutes, but 2 personal trainers at my local gym told me to do it after lifting? why is that guys? I thought cardio is first to warm muscles up, thanks.

you could even split up your workouts AM and PM

in the end it doesn't matter how much time you spend in the gym, what are you eating when you leave?

example: you bust your ass in the gym for an hour and burn 500 calories.. great! then you go to chipotle, subway, chikfilA and eat a 1000 calorie meal. what did you accomplish? NOTHING!

so it is great you are working out now, but you need to fix your diet first! message me and I will help you with your diet

You can do it any way you want to really. For me, I like to do my weight training first because that is what I want the most energy for. Then I will do a lower intensity cardio after training. Steve is right though, the diet is really the most important part. It is much easier to lose weight by controlling diet.

Scientifically speaking - it's best to do cardio after your workout since your glycogen levels are depleted after your workout. Since your glycogen levels (stored carbs in your muscles) are depleted, your body has to use fat for fuel for the cardio.

However - that is major nit picking. It'll make no real difference in the real scheme of things.

Do your cardio whenever you prefer to do it best. Getting your cardio workouts in is what matters. Don't worry about when you do it. Do it whenever best fits your schedule.

Top Bottom