Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio actually bad for fat loss? rise in cortisal=no fat loss

missyd143

hey i heard HIIT cardio is the only way to go with fat loss because regular intensisty just raises cortisol which results in a loss of Lean body mass..i find 15 min of HIIT easier but harder-than jogging for 45 min..and is walkin on a hil; for 45 min catobolic or a waste of time for fat loss..i do that on the days i dont do HIIT sprints.

I think both HIIT cardio and "regular" cardio (at 60-80% HRM) are useful for fat loss

ok so some days do walking uphill and then others do sprints,,thats what i do but the timing is different for both of them.45 min for walkin and 15 for HIIT

Hmmm. Does this study about raising cortisol done on the same day the person worked out (lifted)?

HIIT is ok for cardio off season for staying lean. But I beleive (and do) the regular cardio for contest prep. Of course I do my regular cardio on non-lifting days. This way you are burning fat on both type of days.

how are you supposed to recover from sprinting if your walking on the off days?!

Less is more as they say

Walking is overated for losing fat. Intensity is what its all about. High intenisty = growth hormone release = fat loss

then running is overrated also...so you are saying HIIT is best because i know girls that have abs that do aerobics and dont sprint and they run or stepmill for 40 min...they eat very little and still look good(shape like a girl in fitness mags..not BB)..not 6 meals a day but just 3 well balanced carb meals with some protein..i guess its just them

Everyone is differnet - true.

But we are talking bang for the bucks here - do as little as possible and still lose fat, that's what its all about. You can either work hard in a short period of time or go easy over a long period of time. Going hard also gives you that growth hormone release and keeps your metabolism elevated for a longer period of time.
I'd rather do a short exercise seesion 2-3 times a week, and use the time I save to do something else like prepare my 6 meals :)

You don't have to eat 6 meals a day, but every time you eat a meal with meat and fat in it, your metabolism speeds up. So it makes sense to eat every 2 hours to keep your system spruced up. Every little bit counts. Plus you keep your blood sugar levels are fairly constant level and minimise insulin spikes. Long gaps between meals means your gonna go catabolic somewhere in between and the body starts to wind down the metabolism.

It depends on your goals I guess, what do you want to achieve with your diet and exercise?

Try German Volume Training. 10 sets of 10 reps of each exercise with 1 min. rest between sets and 3 min. rest between exercises. This causes muscle growth (mitochondria) and releases growth hormone, thereby causing fat-loss.

Top Bottom