Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio actually bad for fat loss? rise in cortisal=no fat loss

CoolColJ said:
how are you supposed to recover from sprinting if your walking on the off days?!

Less is more as they say

Walking is overated for losing fat. Intensity is what its all about. High intenisty = growth hormone release = fat loss

Walking is a low intensity exercise that would actually benefit recovery from sprint sessions.

Active rest (translation = very light cardio) is one of the best forms of speeding the recovery process.

The high v low intensity debate is a tough one, but I tend to agree that short duration high intensity cardio is much more suited to fat loss and LBM preservation than long duration low intensity cardio.

CoolColJ said:

Great program!!! I think its best suited to short 3-week cycles when you're trying to break a fat-loss barrier and really get things kick-started. I ended up feeling flat and over-trained, and felt like my strength was decreasing more than it should on a diet. Pure strength training protocols tend to suit me better when trying to lose fat. However, if you're going for the Men's Health model look, you'll find a lot of them train in a very similar fashion to Meltdown.

missyd143 said:
then running is overrated also...so you are saying HIIT is best because i know girls that have abs that do aerobics and dont sprint and they run or stepmill for 40 min...they eat very little and still look good(shape like a girl in fitness mags..not BB)..not 6 meals a day but just 3 well balanced carb meals with some protein..i guess its just them

The wonders of genetics and starvation diets.

CoolColJ said:
Well I found I got sore from just walking! :)

I'm just guessing, but a distinction can probably be made here. You might have been feeling the soreness from your sprints and weights when you were walking, rather than the walking making you sore.

Hmm, where to find some information on active recovery. I've read some pretty good stuff, but I just can't think where it was from!

Yeah I know about activity recovery, but it doesn't work for me.
I get better reults by sleeping a nap instead and a nice massage from a sexy lass :)

Well I do get sore from just walking, even when its the only thing I used to do a week. Especially since she's walking uphills.
Anyway I always subscribe to the saying - less is more. You don't need to grind yoruself into a pulp.

My motto is - do whatever you need to lose fat, as long as you can maintain it for the rest of your life. If you can exercise 7 days a week for a whole year then fine, but I prefer something that I can maintain as a lifestyle, so I won't stop doing it and get all fat again.

CoolColJ said:
My motto is - do whatever you need to lose fat, as long as you can maintain it for the rest of your life. If you can exercise 7 days a week for a whole year then fine, but I prefer something that I can maintain as a lifestyle, so I won't stop doing it and get all fat again.

Word & karma.

Top Bottom