Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Candy bar after workout

after a workout if you restore your glycogen levels, get sleep/rest, and HYDRATE yourself (not sit on the couch and drink beer but drink a ton of water) then you will give yourself the best chance to grow muscle

What if we aren't restoring our Glycogen levels? For example on this CKD diet, Mon - Fri I'm usually working out hard enough were I feel sick to my stomach by the time I'm heading out the door (part. tues and thurs - cardio days), but then I go home and make a protein shake from Water, 3/2 scoops of ON Whey, and 3 tablespoons olive oil so my total carbs are like 2-4 grams, very insignificant. I've increased my overall calorie intake to start increasing muscle mass but still not doing carbs, am I inhibiting growth?

What if we aren't restoring our Glycogen levels? For example on this CKD diet, Mon - Fri I'm usually working out hard enough were I feel sick to my stomach by the time I'm heading out the door (part. tues and thurs - cardio days), but then I go home and make a protein shake from Water, 3/2 scoops of ON Whey, and 3 tablespoons olive oil so my total carbs are like 2-4 grams, very insignificant. I've increased my overall calorie intake to start increasing muscle mass but still not doing carbs, am I inhibiting growth?

yes, basically that is a cutting diet and what you are doing is eating the protein solely for muscle retention, as oposed to building it...

I've had Snickers pre, during, and post training!

Normally I just have 75g whey with lots of apple juice though.

I've had Snickers pre, during, and post training!

Normally I just have 75g whey with lots of apple juice though.

you ever try a nutrageous bar? you will be hooked...
im sooooo over dieting for looks... im going to enjoy what i eat during the day, and get better strength gains at that...
dont get me wrong, i still eat my veggies... french fries count right?

jk... i get at least a few unraped servinings of veg's a day...

I don't do junk I have a large cup of fruit juice right after take a shower then eat a banana with a protein shake

there are different levels of what an individual wants to achieve.

a buddy of mine likes being skinny.. he eats NOTHING on sunday's (he fasts all day).. he benches like 85 pounds.. BUT he can bicycle up a mountain faster than anyone i know.. he will get to the top and not even be out of breath and I will be way behind him and struggling.

most everyone on this board is trying to achieve the bodybuilding body, but there are also powerlifters, strongmen, endurance athletes, boxers, MMA fighters etc etc. but usually when i post something on here its gonna be geared towards building mass so like moya said the answer is yes, you are gonna inhibit growth by not eating enough. but not everyone is trying to put on muscle mass. sometimes i have to remember this cause I usually post on the AAS forum which is mostly guys who are trying to put on mass and strength.

I just put 15-25g of dextrose in my post and pre workout shake. Fast digesting, tastes good, and is super cheap.

Here's what I do.

I add one tablespoon of chocolate syrup with my whey protein right after gym. Works like a charm :)

Top Bottom