Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone suggest to me a full body workout for building strength, size and cuts?

Leander

I'll start off with my stats

age - 30
weight - 275
height - 6'1
goal - to lose fat, gain strength and build a muscular, chiseled physique

For the last 10-15 days I have really done well on converting to a clean diet basically consisting of about 95% of grilled meat and green vegatables and lots of water. I've also been doing massive amounts of cardio and some weight training. However I would like to really get a more regimented and focused weight training program started. I think that if I do proper weight training combined with the cardio I should see rapid results.

Currently I'm a solid guy at 275. I definitely have more muscle than fat, but I'm aiming to get my bodyfat below 10-12%. I believe that I if I could just get a few more pounds of muscle I could easily shed the fat in a matter of weeks.

Can anyone suggest to me a good full body weight training program? I would first like to work on building up strength and then move on to putting on size and finally sculpting the muscle into a lean cut looking physique. I need to put special emphesis on upper body. (shoulders, upper back, etc.)

Finally one last question, when working on biceps whats the best way to keep both arms balanced in terms of muscle development? My right arm is stronger and slightly larger than my left (especially when flexing)

Here's another question

I was thinking of doing pushups everyday for a two week period to try and quickly gain strength and to also get fast results in body shaping. Has anyone ever tried this? How effective is it?

You cannot lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously the vast majority of the time. Concentrate on one and then the other.

"My right arm is stronger and slightly larger than my left (especially when flexing)"

Alternating dumbbell curls. Start with your left and match with your right.

-Zulu

ZZuluZ said:
You cannot lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously the vast majority of the time. Concentrate on one and then the other.

"My right arm is stronger and slightly larger than my left (especially when flexing)"

Alternating dumbbell curls. Start with your left and match with your right.

-Zulu

I'm curious about your statement. If I maintain a clean diet and keep a consistent regimine of weight training and cardio would'nt I be able to constantly lose fat and still build up muscle? I was under the impression that the more muscle I put on the the more fat I would burn while doing cardio? Is this incorrect?

you mention that you need a workout for strenght, size and cuts... i think that it would be better to split the workouts, say size and strenght for 4-8 weeks and then cuts and strenght for another 4-8 weeks. which one is your priority?

nikkita said:
you mention that you need a workout for strenght, size and cuts... i think that it would be better to split the workouts, say size and strenght for 4-8 weeks and then cuts and strenght for another 4-8 weeks. which one is your priority?

I would like start with size and strength, so I guess that would probably be my priority for now.

That sounds like a better plan. Once you've reached your size goals you can start cutting.

Extra muscle mass will burn supplementary calories daily but it isn't very much.

-Zulu

zulu is right (now didn't that feel weird) to drop bodyfat you need to be in a calorie deficit (eat less than your body burns), but to gain muscle, you need to eat a surplus of calories, so unless you're on a pretty heavy stack of steroids, it's imposible to do both at the same time.

I believe Zulu is basically right. I think you CAN lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but it very difficult and usually not really effective. I believe it's much more efficient to "bulk" then "cut", or the other way around. (Depending on your own goals.) But do one then the other.

Joker

workout part 1

Hi! given that I'm in work I will be posting your suggested workout in parts. For this one I'm sending you work legs and calves, it is important to mention that you handle a weight that you can handle and where you feel you are working specially when getting to failure... if you train with a partner he can help on that. Maybe you see that these are few exercises, but you have to do them intensely... counting 1 sec on positives, 1 on peak and 2 on negatives... you must feel the blood pump!!

On the calves work out do your reps until failure contracting your muscles and once you begin feeling the pain now its the time you MUST work out harder so dont stop on the 30 fast reps... once you finish each set stretch your calves for 30 secs and feel the blood pump!! be sure to leave calves at the end so that as soon as you finish take a juice or a protein shake.

Day 1 Legs & Calves 1 per week

Squats 2x10 to fail 1x12 to fail
Leg Extensions 2x10 to fail 1x12 to fail
Sissy Squats 2x8 to fail 1x10 to fail

Smith Machine Lunges 2x10
Bent Kick Crosses 2x10
Raised Leg Curls 2x10

Calves 3x8-10 strict
(once you feel pain continue 30 reps fast for each set)
wk 1
Standing Calf Raises
Reverse Calf Raises
wk2
Seated Calf Raises
Reverse Calf Raises
wk3
Donkey Calf Raises
Standing Calf Raises
wk4
Seated Calf Raises
Legg Press Calf Raises

Abs 3 times per week ---> 3 x 10
Weighted crunches
Hanging leg raises
Twisting Hanging Leg Raises
Hanging Weighted Twisted Raises
Seated Bench Crunch

I'll be working on sending you the other parts... but post your diet because it is mostly important that you take advantage of the things you eat so that you can grow well.

... and remember after workout eat, rest and grow!

Top Bottom