Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone help me with a push/pull/leg split for football

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
I talked to my coach, and he said we do a push pull split on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm guessing leg work is on Saturday. What I want to know what is the best reps/sets for the lifts?

Also on what days would you incorporate hang cleans, power cleans, snatches, etc? Or should I do them every day, like hang clean Tuesday, power clean Thursday and snatches Saturday?

Push:
Bench
Push press
CGBP
Dips

Pull:
Deadlift
Weighted Pullups
BB Rows
BB Curls

Legs:
Squats
GHR's
SLDL
Calves

Last edited:
when are you starting football with him? I am guessing your lifts are extremely up to par, if not probably way over what they'd expect of someone with your height and weight, so if you strayed away from that for a bit you'd still be fine

First thing, I want to point out that the term "football coach" offers very little credibility to his knowledge of working out.

And working legs once a week for a football specific routine is... flat out wrong.

And to answer your question, asking us is a guessing game. Increases scale kinda linearly with tonnage and at an increased rate downwards linearly when tonnage is too much.

So you are trying to match tonnage of work rather then individual routines. If you do 5 sets of 8 clean and press Tuesday then you will probably be too fatigued to do it Thursday. But if you do 2 sets of 5 power cleans then you can probably do it three times a week.

But knowing that limit is a pretty hard thing to understand. Hence me advocating the standard 5x5.

I know what you are saying. I think im gonna start lower on the volume and up it if I know I can. Also strength is my goal but getting quicker/explosive is probably more of a priority right now. Heres what i think im doing

push
pull
off
legs
push complex
plyos
off

then next week ill start with pull so

pull
legs
off
push
pull complex
off

then legs, and so on

I talked to my coach, and he said we do a push pull split on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm guessing leg work is on Saturday. What I want to know what is the best reps/sets for the lifts?

Also on what days would you incorporate hang cleans, power cleans, snatches, etc? Or should I do them every day, like hang clean Tuesday, power clean Thursday and snatches Saturday?

Push:
Medium Squat
Bench
Push press
CGBP
Dips (I know you love dips, but this is a joint stressful workout. You feel tendonitis setting in, back off one or more of these. protect thoe oulders bro and always warm up your rotators)

Pull:
Light or Dynamic Squat
Deadlift/Defecits/Rack Pulls
Weighted Pullups and/or BB Rowscan do one or the other or both, depending on mood/energy
BB Curls

Legs:
Heavy Squats
GHR's
SLDL
Calves

See edits in red

You have a great template here bro. Keep in mind you can substiture DB rows for BB rows and Incline bench for bench, etc to keep it interesting.

See edits in red

You have a great template here bro. Keep in mind you can substiture DB rows for BB rows and Incline bench for bench, etc to keep it interesting.

Thanks man, I think squatting 3x a week is a good idea.

Would youknow when to throw in explosive lifts like power cleans and hang cleans? Im also gonna start doing strength shoes on my plyometric days

Top Bottom