Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I still grow from Push ups,Dips, Pull ups?

GLP

To total failure. See I will not be able to have weights around for a couple months so will these do any good. I think it might make me grow just because my muscle are totally not use to it. By the time they adapt I will have the steel again.
Any thoughts?

they may maintain you and possibly give you some decent quality gains but i doubt you will grow that much in terms of mass growth. those exercises will get very easy very quickly. you can change up the rep speed to make it more difficult but going fast and doing excessive reps will not be good for hypertrophy.

peace

i think that if your weight work has been mainly made up of barbell and dumbell work then changing over to dips and pullups etc wont do any harm, in fact it could improve your training dependant upon other factors. I personally think that dips are far superior to push ups, but i would try and perform one handeed pushups to build functional strenght and to possibly identify any ibbalances. Add in some single leg squats and you have a nice little routine.

Add some DB's or some other resistance to each of those, as well as switching grips, order of the exercises, etc, and you will probably gain a little. How come you can't use weights? Injury?

Moving where there is no weight room and my weights are at my dads house for a little while.

Actually, you can.

Check out www.dragondoor.com, and the book Power to the People.

No, I don't work for them, but it's a fairly radical take on training that has helped me immensely.

Hope you have access to a good pullup bar, in any case.

Mjollnir: that was exactly what i was going to say.

But there is another book called combat conditioning from that site which focuses more on body weight.......and nonstandard exercises some of them look brutal for body weight exercises.

also use the disscusion site. do searches for things like push ups etc

Avoid diong these exercises in high reps because you WILL loose your muscle mass. Why not throw some shit in a back pack for added weight while doing your dips and pull-ups. I used to do this and it worked pretty good. Nothing compared to weights though.

Top Bottom