Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can anyone recommend a good belt?

gretak911

I'm looking for a new belt...
Can anyone tell me what to look for? I see differnet widths like 11mm or 13mm. Also, do I order it by my waist size or do I undersize it a little?
Thanks,
P.S. no needs for the most expensive, just a good belt.

go to inzernet.com and order a belt there. 1omm or 13 mm it doesnt really matter imo. one costs less though. they have great belts, and they also have an economy belt if thats your fancy.

Thanks for the replies.

Tiervexx - I respect you thoughts and I can see the logic but I have been using a belt for 10yrs now (only on sqats and deadlifts) so I may try to ween (sp?) myself off of the belt over a year or two.

Can anyone comment on how they like the lever lock belts? I like the idea of easy on/off but I've never used one.
Image: http://www.inzernet.com/images/product_shots/belt_10mm_lever_xlrg.jpg
http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVER_LEVER_10MM
Thanks again,
Gretak9

gretak911 said:
Can anyone comment on how they like the lever lock belts? I like the idea of easy on/off but I've never used one.
Some love em, some hate em. I've known a few people that the belt actually pinches them as they're trying to close it.

From a powerlifting standpoint....weight flunctuating, wearing a squat or deadlift suit, etc., makes the belt fit tighter. Therefore, you'd be adjusting the belt very often for the perfect fit. I'd recommend a single prong belt over the lever belt.

Thanks for the input but let me clarify that I'm not a comptetitive lifter ie. not bench shirt/squat suit/groove briefs etc. I'd love to be able to go down tho the local sports authority or other sporting goods store and try them on but I've never seen any quality belts at places like those. I lift at nights at my gym and most of the powerlifter types lift in the mornings there so I don't get a chance to talk to them besides weekends. At this point I think I'll just try the Inzer lever belt. I'll call them to see what their return policy is in canse it pinches me.
Thanks.

Sounds good. I'm sure they have an excellent return policy if sizing or the type of belt needs to be adjusted. I can tell you that Titan has a great owner as I know him personally. I'm biased towards Titan, but I'll admit that I've dealth with Inzer in the past.

gretak911 said:
Tiervexx - I respect you thoughts and I can see the logic but I have been using a belt for 10yrs now (only on sqats and deadlifts) so I may try to ween (sp?) myself off of the belt over a year or two.

Obviously you should not suddenly ditch the belt if you have been depending on it for 10 years; that is just asking for a bad injury. Start doing your fist light warm up sets without a belt, then just gradually start doing more and more of your sets without the belt. It won’t be long before you will wonder why you ever bothered to use one.

Top Bottom