Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can anyone else squat more weight going a** to the floor as opposed to parallel?

Fast Twitch Fiber

I get a lot of speed coming up out of the bottom which gives me some momentum to carry through to the top. Also, I get some tendon rebound at the bottom. I feel much stronger doing full squats instead of cutting them at parallel. When I cut them high my knees hurt and I have a hard time stopping on the way down. I'm wondering if I'm using bad form by dropping all the way down.

I can. After spending the last year learning to squat ATF, I can't squat any other way now.

"I get a lot of speed coming up out of the bottom which gives me some momentum to carry through to the top. Also, I get some tendon rebound at the bottom. "

Thats called stretch reflex. I also only do full squats. Im not even sure how much I can parallel. PL squats are mostly hip/ posterior chain movements. An full squat has tremendous carryover to athletics. A PL squat does not.

I've developed a strength imbalance from favoring my stronger right leg. Doing ATF squats forced me to correct the lean in my squat and has abled me to avoid further imbalance.

calder said:
"I get a lot of speed coming up out of the bottom which gives me some momentum to carry through to the top. Also, I get some tendon rebound at the bottom. "

Thats called stretch reflex. I also only do full squats. Im not even sure how much I can parallel. PL squats are mostly hip/ posterior chain movements. An full squat has tremendous carryover to athletics. A PL squat does not.

Powerlifting or wide stance squatting uses more posterior chain than quad strength. How does a posterior chain exercise not have tremendous carryover to athletics, especially when many strenght coaches box squat.

yes, more bounce out the bottom, but the result has been some persistant hamstring/glute tendon injuries. Be careful with elastic rebound

no, it might not be elastic rebound at all. its a different movement and you have developed speed by the time you get to the point where you would normally be reversing at a PL squat. similar to someone who always did a 2 board press and got to a certain strength level, given a small bit of movement by starting the concentric a bit deeper, you tend to push right through the sticking point and can maybe handle more by using that momentum. remember f=m*a

Top Bottom