Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is the calorie burned calculator on a treadmill accurate?

edmunds fire

I know I have to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight and therefore I have to know how many calories I burn every time a exercise and how many to consume, can you really trust those calorie burned calculators on the treadmill?

The calorie burned calculators on a treadmill over estimate how many calories you burn greatly. They do that because we are a society that love numbers. If one treadmill says you burnt 600 calories and another one said you burnt 300 for the same workout - which one do you think more people would buy?

I would say the actual number of calories burned is about 50% of what is actually displayed.

no.. i would say if you bust your ass exercising for 1hour you burn 500 as a male and 300 as a women.

jacking off in the gym and socialzing and taking 5 minutes in between sets doesn't count as busting your ass. most people in the gym don't even know what a workout is

a long slow jog for 1 hour will accomplish this too. that is why long distance runners are so lean. they burn so many calories

I wouldn't trust the numbers but then again why do you really need to know the exact number? If you just make sure you are in a deficit from your diet then any exercise is just bonus calorie burn.

Top Bottom