Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Callousing?

Redux

I'm posting this on the training board too, but I wanted to get it out here for you guys to look at.

I recently read Ken Shamrock's book, "Inside the Lion's Den", and in it he mentions that newer students at his school are made to do 1000 naked (no weight) squats a day, every day. That's right, sore as hell, and still working the same muscle. He referred to it as a process called "Callousing".

Now, I am not a professional fighter, and I really don't care much about Shamrock's fighting system, or how your own may be superior to it. What I am looking for is someone to back up, discredit or otherwise explain this thing called callousing.

Is this what military boot camp is? And where does "overtraining" enter into the equation?

I figured the people on this board would be more likely to have been exposed to this type of training, so that is why it is here. If it is out of place or inappropriate, I apologize.

Thanks for any info.

Top Bottom