Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calling all police officers or former officers I have some ?'s about academy training

S

solidj55

I know this isnt the best board for this but I know there are some officers and former officers on this board.
I am most likely going to be getting hired as a police officer. Now I know the general requirments for the pre-hire PT test, 1.5mile run in under 15 minutes, max push ups, 1 minute sit ups, v-set-reach, maybe verticle, and possible 100-300m sprint. I think I can get prepared for that but I was wondering what the academy is like. How much running, etc. I just want to be in shape as possible for all of this. Im a little out of shape endurance wise so I was wondering what you guys would suggest for me? As far as strength Im strait, Im a powerlifter so Ive got that under control.
I just was wondering about how much and how often I should run to prepare, also I will be lifting 2-3 days per week, mainly compound movements. I need to practice the push ups and sit ups as well but Im not sweating that. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Well I assume I am "healthy" as far as the doctors physical. Anyone else?

Depends what state you are in, but the physical part of the academy is not usually an issue, especially if you work out. They have all types going through the academy, so they won't expect too much, just a good attitude.

I live in Virginia, but I am not going into the state police, its county but they go to the same academy, background is not a problem and I dont have to take a polygraph.

I dont have to take a lie detector test for this police job, its in my county not the state. In my county they make as much money as the state police with the same benifits but you do not have to take a polygraph, the physical fitness requirements are the same and most everything else is the same except for the polygraph. So i dont have to worry about that. But to answer the question, no I probably could make it through the lie detector unless I learned how to control/alter my responses.

I have been through two Academies, one throught the State of Oklahoma and the Federal Law Enforcement Academy. The state academy wasn't really that tough, we ran a mile everyday with a 30 min time limit. The FLEA was alot tougher. But, if you're in decent shape don't worry about the physical part of it worry about the bookwork and studying. If you do that then you should pass with out any problems. And one of the previous replies mentioned the polygraph and background. They are not that tough, just answer them honestly. That is what they are looking for, not what you have done in the past. Good luck, Bro!

crackerhead said:
And one of the previous replies mentioned the polygraph and background. They are not that tough, just answer them honestly. That is what they are looking for, not what you have done in the past. Good luck, Bro!

So, hypothetically, say you shoplifted when you were younger, had broken into a cleaners and stole the register when you were 18, had taken LSD, mushrooms, smoked pot and hash regularly when you were younger and pot 1x withing the last year; had taken test, deca, primo, dbol and winny over the course of multiple cycles within that last couple years. You're saying they're not going to care? I don't think so... where I'm at, it's my understanding that they can still prosecute certain things if you admit to them, and at least, it would put your character in question -- even if it had been, say, 12 years since you had done anything bad and your character was much different...

All of the above is hypothetical of course... just trying to illustrate an example...

Top Bottom