Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cali press, jm press, paul dicks press?

cal

High End Bro
Platinum
just wondering what the differences between these lifts are?

from what ive seen the jm press and paul dicks press sound pretty similiar.
for jm press lower the bar to upper chest or throat and about 4-5 inches from throat let the bar back towards fact about 1 inch or so....combo of close grip and bb extension...
now for paul dicks press it sounds pretty similiar. is the main difference that you lower the bar like close grip to throat or upper chest, but then let the bar much closer to the face, like an extensino and then press like a close grip? it seems that the paul dicks press...the diff might be that the bar is allowed to drift much closer to the face...when i tried the paul dicks press earlier, i found it to be very awkward, but i think the main problem was that i was lower the bar below the nipple line or at the nipple line and then tried to let the bar deflect toward the face...very odd feeling...i will try but lower the collarbone region...

Ask Cubanito about the cali press. I don't know about them but he does.

JM press is like a close grip bench, but you don't lower it all the way down, and you don't lower it to your lower chest/upper abs area. You lower the bar toward your collarbones/upper chest area, and stop the bar about 5 or 6 inches above your chest, then let the bar drift toward your head about one inch and press back to lockout. It is about 15 or 20 percent tricep extension and 80 to 85 percent press.

Paul Dick's press is done on the floor, lower the bar with a close grip till your elbows or triceps are on the floor, then bring the bar toward your head 3 or 4 inches then press to lockout.

I personally think that the JM press is far superior, I have done both, but I have dropped the Paul Dick's press, because it is really tough on my shoulder, and does not seem to hit my triceps as hard as the JM press.

Hope this helps,

B

brian is right...drop the Paul Dicks Press....the JM Press is a far superior exercise. The only problem with tryin to explain it as Dave Tate mentioned in the seminar video...is everyone does it differently.

If you are using more than 60% of your Bench 1 RM ...its a fair bet that you are cheating and using too much shoulder rotation.

Top Bottom