Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calf Training

Dude I can do 3 or 4 plates for 20 reps. In fact I can do more, calf raises are easy even a newbie should be getting into heavy weights pretty fast. On a standing calf raise I do 6 plates for reps.

Don't listen you'll find out 10 years down the road when your knees and shoulders are shot.

I disagree.

Am I reading this right; you say 6 plates on STANDING calf raises isn t putting stress on the knees?

I disagree.

Am I reading this right; you say 6 plates on STANDING calf raises isn t putting stress on the knees?

It is but no where near the stress those seated calf raises do. If someone can figure out a way to work your calves with out a lot of weight I'm open to suggestions??? Low weight and I can do 50 rep sets for sets.....

Same can be said about leg extensions. Those aren't good for your knees either but to work your legs you will need to add weight in some sort of lift it's just a leg extension machine is the worse option.

It is but no where near the stress those seated calf raises do. If someone can figure out a way to work your calves with out a lot of weight I'm open to suggestions??? Low weight and I can do 50 rep sets for sets.....

Same can be said about leg extensions. Those aren't good for your knees either but to work your legs you will need to add weight in some sort of lift it's just a leg extension machine is the worse option.

There was a post a while back showing a low weight/body weight calf routine. I'll find it....

I've seen best results. Training my calfs 4 days a week. 5 working sets each day. One day high reps, one day low reps.

Tried it today and it's not far off from what I normally do. Yep it does lower the amount of weight you can do and basically keeps the stress on your calves until they burn out.

I know you want size but if you need performance then jump rope and walk with a weighted vest for conditioning. Calves are meant to do 1000s of contractions. If you do not do anything athletic then it wont matter.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Tried it today and it's not far off from what I normally do. Yep it does lower the amount of weight you can do and basically keeps the stress on your calves until they burn out.

Cool...I might get it in over the weekend.

Top Bottom