Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calculation for Hammer machines vs. free?

##spiderbaby##

Anyone know the calculations for converting Hammer strength lever type machines to actual free weight poundages?

I know it would be an aproximation because of other muscles involved with free weights. I know a 225 bench on hammer type equipment is not equivelent to 225 barbell bench.

Anyone know?

##spiderbaby##

Well when i do Hammer MAchine I always calculate 15lbs on to the actual I put on it. I believe 15 lbs is what the machine is when there are no plates on it. For example Inc Press, flat press

So you subtract 15 pounds from your free weight number? What do you mean by it weighs 15 pounds?

Hammer strength equipment poundages are usually higher than free weights.

I can dead more with the hammer strength than with the actual bar, same with bench, same with everything. I dont use them that much but I like the hammer strength dead lift piece.

##spiderbaby##

Yea thats what I thought but most people can do signifagantly more weight with a machine vs free weights. That why a 225 bench on a hammer is not a 225 bench with a barbell. If you had a 225 bench with machines you couldnt add 15 ponds, if you did you would have a 240 pound barbell bench, it doesnt work that way.

I did find this in the search but was hoping to get something of a calculation for my own interest. Seems as though there isnt one for all the reading Ive done.

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=79104&highlight=hammer+strength

There are some good articles hyperlinked at the end of the thread.

##spiderbaby##

Top Bottom