Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

burn fat or burn out???

sweets

hiya there:) please help me drop these ungodly poundages of chub... i was in such great shape before, got a little too comfy about it, survived my graduation and before i knew it, i'm all gords... yukkk... hence, my plan of attack... cardio in the mornings (1 hr/ empty stomach/eca) and lifting at nights(1 hr). [i can't help it... i'm weak to lift in the mornings and too tired to do cardio at night! i must divide the work]

i will also be eating 5 clean meals a day, each consisting of protein... total: ~110g carbs/day, ~150g pro/day, ~40g fat/day which will mostly just be from an isopure zero carb drink + water + flax seed oil (1 tbspn) before bed.

so will i burn out working out twice a day (M/T/R)??? Wed's will be only cardio; Sat's will be both, just as M/T/R.

oh yes... my stats... please don't be scurred... f/24/~160lbs/~25%bf... hopefully it isn't too much higher... i'm rounding off in comparison to when i was at about 19%... and i've come a looong way from there... and i do say that in the most sarcastic of tones. i guess it's fair to say i've been told i have a muscular physique and that i'm solid... and the only thing that slims me down is way intense cardio.

i read the article about GXP (graded exercise protocol) and i don't know if my body would respond to it as well as it has with intense/ volume training (3-4 sets per exercise). does anyone think that i can lose some significant fat by doing high intensity interval cardio sessons for "short periods", as per the article (15 min/day)??? it seems like nothing, reall... that would be so much more practical than 2 hrs/day of exercise (1 hr cardio + 1 hr weights). i appreciate any of your feedback and thanks for reading my very longgg post. :) ciaosky

HIITS are a great way to lose fat, but by no means are they easy. I personally would rather do my 2 hour cardio at 6-7mph than do 15 minutes of HIITS at 4mph/12+mph to lose BF. It just takes so much out of me. By the end I am usually gasping trying to breath. I first learned about it in football pratice, they made us all do it for like 10 minutes so that our bodies will be use to giving short "spurts" of energy.

I wouldn't suggest doing HIITS more than 3 or 4 times a week. They are hard on the body. Also they are not a replacement for weight lifting. You should still lift weights to build muscle, since muscles will help maintain bodyweight.

When I am trying to lose BF I will always do 1-2 hours of cardio every morning, then weightlifting in the afternoon one night then HIIT cardio the next night etc. It works good for me.

Also, I would not suggest weightlifting at night, it can cause complications with your sleep, which is an extremely important part of any kind of training.

so i guess working out twice a day isn't all that unheard of...

i just wonder... if the glycogen in my muscles is so completely depleted from a night workout, then will a morning workout be catabolic???... in the sense that i would've done 2 workouts within 12 hours. eeeshh! and no carbs!

decisions, decisions, decisions...

oh, thanks for watching out for my sleep... i'm actually one of those gals that works out to the point that i'm sleepy...hehe... i may even pass out in the shower...

thanks, sweets :)

Top Bottom