Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking/mass weight lifting sets/reps question

drew413

What is better when bulking/mass. I'm doing a test e cycle.

Would you do 5sets x 10reps of what your working that day not max.
Would you want to push it and do 3sets x 5reps or 5sets x 5reps of what ever your working at just about max?

lower sets reps cause your pushing it as you already know.

good bad comments anything. Thanks

yea agree with moya. I get big and i stick to 5x5 for my compound lifts, sometimes going for a heavy triple or single . When i do isolation (rarely) I dont go over 8 reps.

But imo 5 reps is the best place to get size and be able to progress every week

btw this is a very beginner question to be asking for starting a cycle lol

yea agree with moya. I get big and i stick to 5x5 for my compound lifts, sometimes going for a heavy triple or single . When i do isolation (rarely) I dont go over 8 reps.

But imo 5 reps is the best place to get size and be able to progress every week

btw this is a very beginner question to be asking for starting a cycle lol

lol i know it is. i push my self every time try and go big. i was just wondering about like what glad said 5x5 for lifts mostly. i just didnt really max out on my last sets all the time. but now i will

Yea i laways max on my last sets when on cycle, I actually find it better to do a 5x5 style because then you get to train the main lifts 2x a week (squats 3x, bench 2x, military and dead1x) but you can add in assistance to hit the bodyparts more often and on cycle this is superior IMO

just push youself...
imo progression is what you're looking for... you see so many people do the same weight/sets/reps year after year...
as long as you are improving in one or more of those aspects, you are progressing...

Listen to the man...

It really doesn't matter a hill of beans. Just train like an animal, eat like a horse, and sleep like a baby.

just push youself...
imo progression is what you're looking for... you see so many people do the same weight/sets/reps year after year...
as long as you are improving in one or more of those aspects, you are progressing...

This^

Progression is key to strength gains. Add at least a few pounds every other week or so.

Top Bottom