Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking.....How clean do you eat?

big_bad_buff

Don't give me the nothing but tuna, steak and rice jazz. what are the do's and don'ts for you while bulking?

will you eat hamburger helpers? sweets? cereals? juices? fatty meats? starches? etc.

No sugar at all, oatmeal and a hot pocket are the most processed foods I eat, and that's for breakfast.

Everything else is meat, carbs, and veggies in various recipes. Subs, chili, protein pancakes, chicken. The occasional natural preserves and fruit. The occasional nasty-ass pure protein shake.

Works okay for me.

When I bulk i throw in all that extra stuff I wouldn't touch when I'm cutting. Like Cheese on my roast beef sandwiches. Mayo with my tuna. Less lean cuts of beef (like T-bone steaks instead of top round). Whole eggs instead of whites. LOTS of ketchup on EVERYTHING, orange juice, fruits blah blah blah, you get the idea.

As to junk food, I'll have some every now and then, like pizza or hamburgers, but I try and keep it to a minimum.

my main food groups are, but not limited to: spaghetti, burgers, chicken, breads, oatmeal, rice, potatoes, and pizza

i mix and match a couple for a meal every couple hours

I'm trying to bulk as clean as I can.

No milk because the carbs are all sugars.
No sugars, really.
No fructose of any kind, which is obviously, no fruit.
2g/lb Protein, made up from tuna and chicken breast
Maple Granola in the AM and PM post-workout - Very good source of carbs
I use no mayo with the tuna, use the George Foreman on the chicken. I have aspargus with the chicken, and a can of tuna.

Yeah, I'll just post my diet... But uhm, I may start adding ketchup on eggs, I remember how easy they were to eat that way. Thanks for the idea Haz!

I'm a li'l too paranoid with bulking as perfect as possible, so from now on, if I get cravings I'll submit to them. So long as the majority of my diet's healthy and filed with EFAs, protein and healthy carbs (not many sugars) I should be okay.

Meal 1 (6:00 AM)
3 Egg Whites
Oatmeal
1 Tbsp Flaxseed
Multivitamin & Minerals

Meal 2 (9:00 AM)
1 Cup Maple Granola
Whey Protein Powder

Meal 3 (12 Noon)
2 Tbsp Natural PB
Jelly
Whole Wheat Bread
Tuna

Meal 4 (3:00 PM)
5 oz. chicken breast
5 Spears Of Asparagus
Tuna

Meal 5 (6:00 PM - Post Workout)
Whey Protein Powder
Tuna
1/2 Cup Maple Granola

Meal 6 (7:30 PM)
5 oz. chicken breast
5 Spears Of Asparagus
Tuna

Meal 7 (9:00 PM)
Tuna
1 Tbsp Natural PB
1 Tbsp Flaxseed

KCAL FAT CARBS PRO
GRAND TOTAL 2830 67.5 209 321.5

legion, just my opinion, but i think you should have more carbs in there

I am eating everything but candy.

In the last 24 hours I have had pizza, chicken, hamburgers, eggs and tons of other foods. I will eat ironhead pudding shortly.

Jeremys, just curious why ya' think so...

And if I do really need it, I'll just munch on that granola. 1/2 cup is 36 carbs. And it's really good too. Just, gotta chew it up alow. Ech, I get tired of it after awhile.

In fact, all that tuna I have on there, is without any condiments. Just drained and then eaten from the can. I'm getting really sick of tuna now... bleh. Maybe I should put ketchup on that too. It seems to work on everything.

Or hot sauce! Haha! ;)

good luck with the hot sauce, i think you'd shit like a muskrat. lol

bulking diets that have worked for many people consist of high carbs. a 2:1 ratio or a 3:1 ratio of carbs to protein is apparently optimal.

Wow some of you eat clean for a "bulking diet". For me, the only way to bulk up is to get on a "see food" diet. I have a hard time gaining mass, so I really try to consume everything possible all within reason of course.

Top Bottom