Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking and cutting??!!

No bread man, read up on Paleo, the human body is not designed to eat wheat, grains none of that. Read The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Scisson, there was no such thing as bread when the cavemen lived and there was no such thing as a fat caveman, people are gonna think I'm crazy, but read the book and u will see the science behind a Paleo lifestyle, eat all the meat, fresh veggies, u want, no bread, wheat, grain, oats, and u will see the fat drop off, give it a read.
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Good point. I thought I understood and knew more than I did. That's why I said I was still a little rough around the edges cuz of course there are things I still don't know and/or understand. So no carbs before bed or cardio. What's good to eat before either? You said milk has carbs in it and that casein is ok. And I don't wanna go catabolic while sleeping or during cardio.
ok ill tell you what i eat . i IF(16/8 to 18/6 depending on daily scedule) i have 4 meals a day, 1 pre w/o pro+hi gi carbs (no fat) , 1 post w/o pro+hi gi carbs again(no fat) then another pro+LOADS of veg's+fat, last meal at 7pm which is 8 egg whites cooked+3 yolks(raw free range)+1can tuna+15g fish oil +2 tea soon ground up flax seed . i didnt mention milk infact i dont drink milk(its so processed n f+++d around with + lactose aint the best carb in the world) i prefer natrual yogurt in fact thats my pre n post w/o food yogurt n cheerios . gota love them cheerios.
like i said buy a few books , read em , read up on the net n learn do it like your preparing for a test or something and in 6 months you'll realise how little you knew and in a year you'll be able to tune and tweek your diet for yourself . also you must get into the habbit of starting to prepare/weigh/bag/label/freeze food in advance this is another area where people fall down . as for grains and bread n stuff leave that alone i havent eaten bread/grains/rice for about 18 years . the only processed food i eat is really CHEERIOS coz i luv em .....................

Ok I will read around. But it's so many different things on the net idk what to believe lol. Like a couple of places say that milk is great for u. And whole grain foods are to. No matter if it was bread rice oats. Long as it is whole grain. It's has a low gi index and that it's ok to eat. Meats people say the same things eat them which I do. Veggies some say dont eat canned veggies. Some say they are fine. Snack foods some people say peanuts are great some say it's not. I will just gather all the info and see what's works best for me. Also. So no breads. What's something I can eat during the day? I don't have access to a nuke machine until I get home which is around 5pm. My meals are like this. Wake up around 5am eat either oats, wheaties fuel lol, or while wheat bagel w/ cream cream milk. Take some fish oil and some multivitamins w/ milk. 7am I drink some whey in milk. 9am a pbnj on whole wheat bread. 11am either tuna or lunchmeat on whole wheat. 1pm again either Tuna or lunchmeat on whole wheat. 2pm (to increase my calorie intake) 1 sandwich from a fast food spot. 4pm some peanuts while I'm driving home for my pre w/o snack. 5pm I eat a banana right before I w/o. I w/o then i drink some whey. 2 scoops in water. Btw I drink lots of water thru out the day. That's usually around 6-30pm. 8pm is dinner I usually eat meats either fish chicken turkey. Something like that. A can of veggies and some whole wheat pasta, rice something like that. I eat that. Take more fish oil and multivitamins. And drink some gaterade. Then around 10pm I drink a glass of milk before bed and wake up and repeat the process. So this isn't a good diet? Btw I follow this when I work mon-fri on the weekends it changes a bit. Thanks for the help. Again this is what I eat now.

dont look to bad but try and have some protein with the oats first thing and swap the gatoraid from after dinner and have it pwo with the whey n you would be better dropping the rice or pasta and just have veg's with your dinner around 8pm and i personally would only have no more than 200 ml of milk as milk is 5g carb per 100ml or swapping it for some casien . there is so much info about this n that it is hard to know what to believe ,tinned vegs aint too bad there vegs at the end of the day and the same goes with bread not too bad but again theres alot better things to have and most people me included will agree how much better you feel when you abstain from bread/flour/grains and processed junk . 3 places to start reading and checking out are the sites of lyle mcdonald , john beradi and dr clay hyght also check out glycemicindex.kom

Last edited:
Ok. I will and am continuing to read on. My thing is if I leave out the grains like bread. What can I replace it with?

if your ok with it just cut it down n replace it with fruit but dont seat it too much always do what you can do reguarly without causing to much inconvinience or hassel

if your ok with it just cut it down n replace it with fruit but dont seat it too much always do what you can do reguarly without causing to much inconvinience or hassel

And seeing as tho I need so much calories for mantaining. I just need a alternative to replace it. I searched but can't find nothing

There's no one right answer as to what you should be eating. Most of these principles people are talking about which include categorical exclusions of things (ie don't eat bread) tend to be techniques that people use to prevent themselves from overeating/under eating/whatever the case may be. For example, if you were eating a diet which contained NO processed carbs at all, and all carbs came from fruit or vegetables, it would be insanely hard to get fat on such a diet for various reasons.

On the other hand, you could design a diet which was let's say 40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat, in which all of the carbs came from wheat bread and milk (to pick on two things people above are disapproving of). If you followed this diet, ate the right macros, timed your nutrients appropriately, and ate at a ~500 calorie deficit, you'd cut fat. If you did the same and ate at a 500 calorie surplus, and assuming you were working out appropriately, you'd gain muscle. By contrast, you could design a diet which produces the same results and which had you eating only 30 carbs per day, none from bread and none from milk.

There's no one size fits all. Things that are bad for you to do on one type of diet are not bad on another type. If you're on a low carb diet then you can't be eating much, if any, bread. If you aren't on a low carb diet then you can. Some diet types work better for some people. Some people hemorrhage muscle on a low carb diet, some people don't. Some people function well on an intermittent fasting regime and some don't. You need to choose one type of diet at a time and try it out, and see how it works for you. Definitely don't try to throw together a bunch of random principles from different diets and try them all at once. That approach definitely won't work.

Like these guys have said, you need to do research.

Cato man i really appreciate all the help. Ok I will put something together. How long should I let's say test a diet out to see if it works? But i do see it being very very diffuclt to hit 4000 calories and not eat carbs. And is lunchmeat processed? Is it ok to eat?

Usually you need at least 2-4 weeks to see the full effect of whatever the diet is.

Not eating carbs at all isn't an option if you are weight training. You're body needs carbs to fuel intense workouts. Even if you were doing a ketogenic diet (low carb), if you're actively weight lifting, you'd have to consume carbs either near your workout (TKD), or every X amount of days with a refeed (CKD).

Yes, lunch meat is processed. Is it ok to eat? Well, there are better choices, of course. Does it contain substantial protein? Yes. Are there other proteins with better bio-availability etc? Yes. Are you going to drop dead if you eat it? No.

Top Bottom