Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking and cutting??!!

So shoot for 4000/cals? And I work out 4 days a week. And yes i do know. What is a ckd? It's pretty hard to eat 4000 lean calories a day

Yes. I'd try going up to around 4000 if your weight gains have stagnated.

When people say "eat clean," basically you need to just stay away from high GI carbs and excessive amounts of saturated fats. And obviously stay away from fast food. My weight is similar to yours, so I know what you mean about it being hard. There's different tricks you can use to make it easier though, particularly if you don't mind having a monotonous diet. I think you already mentioned you eat 6+ times a day. You can do things like blending up uncooked oats and mixing them with protein powder and milk. Right there you can injest 2 cups of oats, 2 cups of milk, and 2 scoops of protein for something like (~300+~260+~260) 820 calories which can be consumed in ~30 seconds. Two of those a day and then eating regular sized meals like a normal person and you're up there.

Also, you still haven't said what your routine is. You might be able to benefit from more volume, or even maybe less volume, or different rep ranges, depending on what you're doing.

Yes. I'd try going up to around 4000 if your weight gains have stagnated.

When people say "eat clean," basically you need to just stay away from high GI carbs and excessive amounts of saturated fats. And obviously stay away from fast food. My weight is similar to yours, so I know what you mean about it being hard. There's different tricks you can use to make it easier though, particularly if you don't mind having a monotonous diet. I think you already mentioned you eat 6+ times a day. You can do things like blending up uncooked oats and mixing them with protein powder and milk. Right there you can injest 2 cups of oats, 2 cups of milk, and 2 scoops of protein for something like (~300+~260+~260) 820 calories which can be consumed in ~30 seconds. Two of those a day and then eating regular sized meals like a normal person and you're up there.

O sweet those are great tips right there. Ima eat. Tho also I have oats that are just sitting around. Sweet. My workout routine is 4 days a week chest, back, legs, shoulders. Mainly compounds like bench presses flat incline and decline I switch between that on weeks. All my exercises range from 6-12 reps. I try to stay low tho about 3 sets each. Deadlifts. Squts hang clean and presses. Preacher curls. But mainly deadlifts squts bench presses and hang clean and press

What are some high gi carbs? And why not eat them. Saturated fats. I know about. And fast food. I usually eat one fish sandwich a day to help bring my calories up

Bulking and cutting is fuking stupid.. You dont have to get fat to put on muscle, i fall for that trap before and i paid for it later.. You have to eat clean calories to put on muscle and burn fat, you also need a intense weight training routine to put on muscle and a good cardio to burn fat, some supplements wouldnt hurt either like creatine.. Do not eat any carbs around your cardio (2hrs before and 2-3 hrs after) thats pointless, Cut carbs 5 hours before bed and and just eat protein and HEALTHY FAT not garbage fats, carbs should come from brown rice, oats and beans and sweet potato IMO these are the best carb sources.

In short:

High GI carbs are typically sugary foods, stuff high in simple sugars. Candy, table sugar, white bread, white potatoes etc. These types of foods spike your insulin levels. Insulin is an anabolic hormone which tells your body to grow. Depending on what you just did and are about to do, this could be good or bad. If its right after an intense workout, then its good. If you've been sitting on your ass all day doing nothing, then its bad. If your insulin/blood sugar levels are spiked, your body will not burn fat to produce energy. This is why solar said above not to consume carbs around a cardio session. Conversely, low GI carbs are like those listed by solar above. Google glycemic index.

Totally agree with you bud! I've did that to when I started training years ago. If you just eat clean and some hard work i'n the gym you could still have a 6 pack and bulk up.

Ok I'm learning. No carbs cuz your buddy will burn it for energy vs than fat right? And are red potatoes ok? Cuz I eat them alot. And. Casein like milk and whey is that ok before bed

Yes, if you eat carbs shortly before cardio, your body will burn the carbs before it will use fat.

Red potatoes=white potatoes=~85 GI=one of the highest GI foods you can possibly eat. For reference if you ingested straight glucose that would be 100 GI.

Milk is ok before bed (though it does have some carbs in it). Whey and Casein powder are ok, casein is better before bed because it digests slower.

Understand that your body can either be anabolic (growing) or catabolic (shrinking) at any given time. Any time you want to be gaining muscle AND losing fat, usually the only way to do this without steroids or newb gains is by alternating periods of anabolism and catabolism. This is what these guys are referring to when they talk about lean bulks and not eating carbs around cardio etc. There are various techniques that can be used to get the body to partition more nutrients into muscle, as opposed to fat, in periods of anabolism, and partition nutrients away from fat, as opposed to muscle, during periods of catabolism. That's also one of the principles of a CKD.

Top Bottom