Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulk Routine Advice

suburbanhub

Hi, I am about to start a new routine and wanted to know any suggestions to tweak it. I am 33 years old 6'3 185. I'll be On for the first time during this routine and want to maximize my workouts. I will be doing a 3x2 split, M - W - Fr.

Mon: Squats - Standing Calf raise - Standing barbell press - Dumbell Shrug
Wed: Dumbell flat bench - Dumbell incline bench - Close-grip bench - Dips
Fri: Deadlifts - Cable Pulldown - Barbell Curl - Incline dumbell curl.

My diet is excellent, approx. 3000+ calories, 225 protien, minimal fat & carbs per day. 1 gallon of water/day. Man its hard doing my heaviest on these movements due to my hieght and long arms = long range of motion. Any suggestions as to different basic movements would be greatly appreciated.

Woah, wait wait...on as in, steroid usage? Man, if you're juicing at 6'3 and 185 then you need to be slapped upside the head, because you are no where near your natural potential.

Minimal fat and carbs is not excellent. Carbs are great when bulking. Fats. Get them. Now. Buy some flaxseed or UDO's Oil, and have some all natural peanut butter. Make sure 30% of your diet comes from fats. This will ensure maximum testosterone levels which, in turn, will lead to more growth.

You can do each bodypart once a week, as per your routine, but you'd be better off training it more often. Higher frequency coupled with moderate volume will be a gem.

No upright rows? I'm starting to love these.

Ditch the pulldowns immediately. Chinups/pullups are godly.

Try reverse curls as a change-up, if you'd like. Just an opinion but I like the feel of these.

How about some good mornings or straightleg deadlifts?

I don't know about you, but I can personally shrug heavier with a barbell.

No need for two curling movements. The biceps will get hit enough from one exercise if you do it with enough intensity. Plus, add in those chins/pulls and then do some rows (yeah, you need them too, especially if you want to increase your bench) ansd your little biceps will be swole in no time.

As for your diet, let's see what you're eating. Show us.

;)

All that is just my opinion. Good luck man, keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks for the reply Tom. If you'd like to discuss me being on, email me at: [email protected], Id love to hear advice. As for my routine, I'd like to keep it pretty simple, ie., 2 movements per body part. I could substitute upright rows for shrugs. And pullups for cable pulldowns, I agree. A bit of history on me-- I was rail thin for most of my life, 135 lbs as a senior in HS. Through college and mid to late 20's, I got up to 150 (whoa, lol). I hit the weights about 3 years ago and I have gained well. Up to 185 at 10% BF. But, at my hieght, Im still 'thin'. Visibly muscular and shapely, but still thin IMHO. I'll post my diet next...

A typical day of eating for me consists of:
7:00am: Kaisen Ultra Mass shake. 500 cal. 40 gr protien.

9:30am: 1 cup cottage cheese, 10 oz yogurt

12:00: Sandwich of usually Boars head turkey/ham/chicken, cheese, Red Hot Blues

2:30: 1 can tuna (right out of the can) , 1 piece of fruit

5:00: Another protien shake

7:30 Dinner. Usually chicken, fish, or beef, starch side, veggie side, salad

10:00pm Another protien shake

About a gallon of water throughout the day. No sodas ever, 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

suburbanhub said:
A typical day of eating for me consists of:
7:00am: Kaisen Ultra Mass shake. 500 cal. 40 gr protien.

9:30am: 1 cup cottage cheese, 10 oz yogurt

12:00: Sandwich of usually Boars head turkey/ham/chicken, cheese, Red Hot Blues

2:30: 1 can tuna (right out of the can) , 1 piece of fruit

5:00: Another protien shake

7:30 Dinner. Usually chicken, fish, or beef, starch side, veggie side, salad

10:00pm Another protien shake

QUOTE]Hey bro, do me a favor and listen to TOm on this one. NO WAY you should even consider using right now.....you need to be at least 200lbs for your height natty, before considering......your diet needs severe help. Looks to me like you had my fear.....fear of getting fat.....quit eating like a bird.....esp. if you do decide to usse, you have to feed that shit with 2x the calories shown above.........honestly....not a flame bro...........just trying to help you out............get everything in order FIRST....not the other way around, else you might as well use that $$ for toilet paper........

About a gallon of water throughout the day. No sodas ever, 1 cup of coffee in the morning.[/

Last edited:
Thanks Kurtz. No offense taken, I dont take that as a flame. I admit, I need to increase my food intake throughout the day, which I plan to do. So you think if I could get to 200lbs, it would be better for me to start something then?

suburbanhub said:
Thanks Kurtz. No offense taken, I dont take that as a flame. I admit, I need to increase my food intake throughout the day, which I plan to do. So you think if I could get to 200lbs, it would be better for me to start something then?

I don't think, bro, I know...........TRUST me.....from personal experience.....your results will be so much greater.....I mean think about it....wouldn't you rather be a solid 215 after your stack, then a week 195? Esp. with your frame.....I know man, I'm 6'2.5...........

Top Bottom