Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building Static Strength for Back?

R

revexrevex

How do you prevent your back from "caving" in during deadlifts. I try to arch as hard as possible, but my lats round in and I loose the arch. I need an exercise that will help me keep this arch and prevent the rounding. Any idea?

Lats rounding in? Sounds like you're having trouble keeping your traps squeezed (shoulder blades together) ???

NO its like the upper and middle back round. I posted this on growordie.com a while ago, and these few powerlifters suggested I do hyperextension with barbell on my back, holding the position for 10 seconds each rep. I don't have the ability to do that in my gym, so I was wondering if there is anything else to it.

OK, listen...that upper middle back IS your traps. Those little humps on each side of you head are the LEAST of your traps. When you can't keep your upper back tight/flexed, that's traps.

sounds like a form issue

you may be too horizontal in your setup......also you may not be pulling back enough

This is the full deadlift video, and look what happens to my whole back, from lower back all the way to traps.

After seeing this I decided to either start light and build back up, or try to do rack deadlifts to solve the problem. So today was rack deadlift day, thats the reason for doing them..

http://www.bebinary.com/alex/july3/425x3,455x1Deadlift.wmv

Top Bottom